Russian Heavy Tank IS-2 - 1/48 Tamiya - Now with it's Vignette display base

Looks fantastic Stix, all ready to roll into Berlin and misbehave in a grand fashion. I always have to pinch myself to believe you do all the paintwork with a hairy stick.

Julian

Hi Julian and thank you - I must admit I do like the look of these tanks. And yes, all hairy stick! Still not got anywhere to use an airbrush or the inclination at the moment. I actually like the simplicity of painting with a brush.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding Job! Really nice photographed!

Andy

Thank you very much Andy. That's very kind of you to say.

tremendous !!

Thank you!!

More lovely work Stix. Well done :thumbsup2::thumbsup2: Cheers Greg

Hi Greg and thank you too for your very kind comments.

Excellently done. It certainly looks a brute of a tank, you've captured it very well.

Pete

Hi Pete and thank you for your kind comments. The IS-2 must have been an awesome sight at the time.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned before - I have been building a base for this tank over in the Vignette GB (WIP: here) Well it's now finished. Here's a couple of photos:

28894122182_e3ce74011e_c.jpg

28999297195_17b8ccbe49_c.jpg

Plus I have added a few to the first post in this thread.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 3

Hey Stix, that is a SUPER build. However, I do have a question ( a normal occurrence ). I noticed that the texture on the cast sections of the tank looks very good. Is that just the way that the kit was molded or did you do something to enhance the texture ? If so, can you provide some info for future reference ? Thanks again for sharing your work. VERY ENJOYABLE. Bob H.

• Like 1

As real as life itself. Very pretty. :goodjob: , cheers Stix

Hi Francis. You are very kind! :thumbsup:

Hey Stix, that is a SUPER build. However, I do have a question ( a normal occurrence ). I noticed that the texture on the cast sections of the tank looks very good. Is that just the way that the kit was molded or did you do something to enhance the texture ? If so, can you provide some info for future reference ? Thanks again for sharing your work. VERY ENJOYABLE. Bob H.

Hi Bob and thank you very much. No problem about the question........ The texture is actually on the kit itself and I didn't do anything to improve it. What I did do is, after the main coat of paint was on and fully dried was give everything a very thin wash of Revell's Gunship Grey and letting it dry before very lightly dry-brushing everything with a lightened version of the base colour. This seemed to visually enhance the texture quite nicely.

Hope that is of some help.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Francis. You are very kind! :thumbsup:

Hi Bob and thank you very much. No problem about the question........ The texture is actually on the kit itself and I didn't do anything to improve it. What I did do is, after the main coat of paint was on and fully dried was give everything a very thin wash of Revell's Gunship Grey and letting it dry before very lightly dry-brushing everything with a lightened version of the base colour. This seemed to visually enhance the texture quite nicely.

Hope that is of some help.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks for the info. I'll have do some experimenting with that. Bob H.
  • Like 1

Those photos with background look so nice and real!

Thank you very much sinhow - that is very kind of you to say.

Very very nice! love the flag hanging out of the stowage box and the subtle paint runs on the turret.

Great job! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much too Matt. Most kind. :cheers:

Kind regards,

Stix

Absolutely stunning build Stix, perfection even down to the track sag. Paintwork immaculate as always,

Beautiful work sir!

cheers

Julian

Hi Julian. Thank you very much for your very kind comments! :thumbsup:

Hello,Stix - Now THIS is what I consider to be amazing modelling skills and expertise.Magnificent work indeed! ;) All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul and thank you too for your very kind comments. :cheers:

Outstanding work :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Thank you celt! Very kind of you to say! :bye:

This is brilliant!! Love it!! What a cracking dio and photos!

Hi mixup_1. That's very kind of you to say as well - thank you. :D

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to comment.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1