If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

trickyrich

Messerschmitt Me-262 STGB

On 09/01/2018 at 3:47 AM, Arniec said:

Well I have got a Mistel version of the Me-262 from Dragon. Would that be accepted for this GB?!

Cheers,

yes, this goes into the second category I mentioned, it was definitely a planned/proposed version, though you have to be careful with the secondary aircraft. The only one actually listed for this version "Mistel 4" was the Ju-287 forward swept wing aircraft. The Me-262 on Me-262 version that is shown in a few "picture" and I think there are a couple of models of it is/was very much a pure paper plane. I haven't found any reference to that configuration other than said pictures and model. 

However if members in this GB would like to open up or are happy for the second category to include more of the "paper" Me-262's then I am fine with that. To be fair to those building an actual version I will have two galleries, one for real aircraft and one for Paper/Planned.

Please let me know if everyone is happy or not with this idea? I know most STGB's are for "real" aircraft only, but the Me-262 is one of those "special" aircraft which I think warrants allowing the planned and paper versions to be included, I'll leave this for the members to comment on.

For me I'm going right to the very ver beginning, I'll be building the Me-262 V1 (PC+UA) as fitted with the Jumo 210 engine only. It'll be the 1/48th resin one from Antares and resin of course!! :D

On 10/01/2018 at 05:19, trickyrich said:

To be fair to those building an actual version I will have two galleries, one for real aircraft and one for Paper/Planned.

I think that's an excellent compromise. :thumbsup: 

If I can get all the work done on the house I wouldn't mind joining in with the Hobbyboss A-1a/u5 backdate to a normal 262, I've the spezical-decals Gerhard Barkhorn set and there's a 262 in it.

Haven't been on the bench for 18mths!

On 10 januari 2018 at 6:19 AM, trickyrich said:

yes, this goes into the second category I mentioned, it was definitely a planned/proposed version, though you have to be careful with the secondary aircraft. The only one actually listed for this version "Mistel 4" was the Ju-287 forward swept wing aircraft. The Me-262 on Me-262 version that is shown in a few "picture" and I think there are a couple of models of it is/was very much a pure paper plane. I haven't found any reference to that configuration other than said pictures and model. 

However if members in this GB would like to open up or are happy for the second category to include more of the "paper" Me-262's then I am fine with that. To be fair to those building an actual version I will have two galleries, one for real aircraft and one for Paper/Planned.

Please let me know if everyone is happy or not with this idea? I know most STGB's are for "real" aircraft only, but the Me-262 is one of those "special" aircraft which I think warrants allowing the planned and paper versions to be included, I'll leave this for the members to comment on.

For me I'm going right to the very ver beginning, I'll be building the Me-262 V1 (PC+UA) as fitted with the Jumo 210 engine only. It'll be the 1/48th resin one from Antares and resin of course!! :D

Well Rich, I have had a look arround in the Classic publications books of the mistel and the Me-262 (vol.2) and they both stated that the version with te Ju-287 was fictional. It appears that there were two me-262's were taken of the production line in december 1944 to be converted to the mistel version. The top model would have been the A2/U2 version with the bomberstation. The combination didn't fly before the end of the war. For the bomb 262 there were three different versions. all to do with the explosives. So this one was almost reality.

Cheers,

I would like to join in with this, please. I will come with a Trimaster kit that's been staring dolefully at me from the stash, for an awfully long time! Looks like it's moment has arrived!

ATB
Rick

On 13/01/2018 at 9:23 PM, Arniec said:

Well Rich, I have had a look arround in the Classic publications books of the mistel and the Me-262 (vol.2) and they both stated that the version with te Ju-287 was fictional. It appears that there were two me-262's were taken of the production line in december 1944 to be converted to the mistel version. The top model would have been the A2/U2 version with the bomberstation. The combination didn't fly before the end of the war. For the bomb 262 there were three different versions. all to do with the explosives. So this one was almost reality.

Cheers,

Well that's cleared that up then so this one is ok

IMG_3740

Whilst this one might not be ?

IMG_3741

cheers Pat

On 1/14/2018 at 7:23 AM, Arniec said:

Cheers,

Hi Arnold

thanks for that info, I knew someone would have more info....and of course when I did some more looking myself I found the same stuff as well. :wall: One thing I did find is that the info really does vary from book to book, a couple of the Junkers books I have plus a couple of "Project" ones make a lot of mention of the Me-262/Ju-287 config, but again all as a project.

I'm pleased to say I've finally managed to get the first 3 volumes in the Classic Pubs Me-262 series for a price that didn't require me to sell my first born!! I'm pleased with that....getting the books that is....first born is still for sale!

And to prove I'm a complete idiot I found a model of the 262 Bomb I had built tucked away in a box along with a A2/U2 with Bomberstation!! :doh:

Anyway these all fall nicely under the "Projects" category, so I'm looking forward to some interesting builds! 

On 1/15/2018 at 8:04 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Well that's cleared that up then so this one is ok

IMG_3740 

Whilst this one might not be ?

IMG_3741

cheers Pat

hmmm Pat...... the top one, well the bottom half is ok, the top half and Arnold mentioned should be the version with the Bomberstation in the nose. Plus as well those RATO's  pods under the top aircraft may not have been a good idea either, I can see the tail surfaces on the bomb lasting about 2 second once those pods were lit shortly followed there after by a rather large crater!!!! :jump_fire:

The second one is a probable and ok for the "Projects" section.

There are some nice profiles on this site, real and project/paper...

Me-262 profiles