Messerschmitt Me-262 STGB Chat

trickyrich

Count me in! Presently I have Academy's A1 version (in a two kit boxing, together with a Tuskegee P-51D) and Revell's two-seater night fighter, both in 1/72.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

as long as it's a proper model.........

In a moment's insanity a year or two back I acquired the Tigger Models 1/12 Me 262 Vac form and have been terrified to look at it ever since. This might just kick start it but can't promise to finish in time. Be a giggle though
  • Like 4

oh!!! You're a brave man to attempt something like that!

What's the model/detail like on it? With the bracing required you could almost build a complete internal airframe to support it, just like on the real ones.

Mmm the time frame, or rather length of the build would be the biggest issue to completing it, though I'm sure you'd have lots of follows!!

In a moment's insanity a year or two back I acquired the Tigger Models 1/12 Me 262 Vac form and have been terrified to look at it ever since. This might just kick start it but can't promise to finish in time. Be a giggle though

You could use the 25% rule to help . maybe get all the parts cleaned up and sanded to fit would save loads of time and not be any where near the 25%

Alistair

• Like 2

You could use the 25% rule to help . maybe get all the parts cleaned up and sanded to fit would save loads of time and not be any where near the 25%

Alistair

I agree, I have no problems at all as host for anyone wanting to build a VacForm or resin model prepping the parts before hand, even with resin conversion sets, removing the resin mould blocks are fine.

That amount of work is easily under the 25% rule, to me it's no different than snipping plastic parts off sprue!

oh!!! You're a brave man to attempt something like that!

What's the model/detail like on it? With the bracing required you could almost build a complete internal airframe to support it, just like on the real ones.

Mmm the time frame, or rather length of the build would be the biggest issue to completing it, though I'm sure you'd have lots of follows!!

Very basic. You are really just looking at shells and shapes so the classic "blank canvass" Frankly my skills are way too inadequate but I figured that as I have some very good books on the 262 and some super photos of detail in them why not give it a bash. I also have some 1/32 models and aftermarket for them so kind of thought to try building side by side and that way I can maybe get some assistance from looking at a three dimensional version of what I am doing as well.

Thanks for the reminder that I could at least do some pre preparation. I reckon there will be at least 1 bag of sanding dust in there.

I will try and get some photos of the fuselage half of the vac beside a 1/32 fuselage half for comparison so you can see the beast. I also got the night fighter parts off John as well so torn between trying the single and two seater version. Just worried about those radar aerials on the front and quite how to do those. Metal ones would be nice but fabricating those would just be way beyond me. I might attempt that first and if passable then plump for the two seater. If garbage I can still run away and do the single seater. Cowards live longer :winkgrin:

• Like 1

that beast does sound really interesting!

With that scale I'd just make up the antennas in plastic and maybe a small steel pin to help with the antenna/fuselage mount. If you were someone me I'd either fabricate them all from brass rod or a brass rod antennae with resin mounts (a lathe, which I don't have would make life easier too).

If you have some AM stuff in 1/32nd then that makes it so much easier to fabricate what you need in 1/12th.

If it wasn't for the fact that vacfrom scares the cr#p out of me I'd be into a project like this in a flash!!!

That's the spirit Chap! Well Done that Man! Now wait for a smartie pants to build a 1:1 replica.

• Like 1

Very basic. You are really just looking at shells and shapes so the classic "blank canvass" Frankly my skills are way too inadequate but I figured that as I have some very good books on the 262 and some super photos of detail in them why not give it a bash. I also have some 1/32 models and aftermarket for them so kind of thought to try building side by side and that way I can maybe get some assistance from looking at a three dimensional version of what I am doing as well.

Thanks for the reminder that I could at least do some pre preparation. I reckon there will be at least 1 bag of sanding dust in there.

I will try and get some photos of the fuselage half of the vac beside a 1/32 fuselage half for comparison so you can see the beast. I also got the night fighter parts off John as well so torn between trying the single and two seater version. Just worried about those radar aerials on the front and quite how to do those. Metal ones would be nice but fabricating those would just be way beyond me. I might attempt that first and if passable then plump for the two seater. If garbage I can still run away and do the single seater. Cowards live longer :winkgrin:

Pic now attached. The "small" sprue is the Trumpy 1/32 nightfighter kit in the stash which I will build at the same time

IMAG0330%201.jpg

I have a 1/72 Smer ME 262 A-1a/Avia S 92 in my stash was thinking of doing it next but by 2018 my modelling skills should be up to around the "just poor" stage to join in with this GB.

If there's space count me in plz.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

So what happens next?

Is it a case of just waiting untill then?

Now we wait and make plans.  But it doesn't stop you building a couple of Me-262s in the meantime, just to get your hand in...   and if you want to post your work here, that would be great.

You don't have to wait until then for your first GB entry.  If you fancy building an F-16, there's a suitable STGB starting in a few weeks. 

28 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Now we wait and make plans.  But it doesn't stop you building a couple of Me-262s in the meantime, just to get your hand in...   and if you want to post your work here, that would be great.

You don't have to wait until then for your first GB entry.  If you fancy building an F-16, there's a suitable STGB starting in a few weeks. 

Ooops. Just got a revell 1/72 f16c solo turk for £9.74 with free p&p off ebay. 

😂

• Like 3

Evening all

I have the Revell 1/32 scale nightfigher version, I haven't built anything in that scale for years.

Anyone built on before, tips appreciated.

Permission to join ?

cheers Pat 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...