Messerschmitt Me-262 STGB Chat

trickyrich

Dates:   5 May to 5 August 2018

Hosts:  trickyrich and Mottlemaster

This seems to have been a bit of a forgotten aircraft in the GB's which is a bit strange for such an important aircraft in aviation history.

So I would like to suggest a Me-262 STGB.

This GB would cover all the versions of the aircraft for the prop powered V1 right through to the Avia S-92, including all the prototype versions.

The first flight of the "Prop" powered one occurred in April 1941, and under Jet power in June 1942, with the last one being retired from Czechoslovakian service in 1951.

I would also like to include some of the paper versions as well, under the proviso that plans for the version actually existed, not the rough sketches as seen in a lot of Luft46 stuff. This will depend on the members thoughts to this and of course the Mods!

There are same nice models available as well as some really lovely AM stuff, plus it looks like Revell has a new 1/32nd one about to come out soon as well.

1, trickyrich - host
2, Mottlemaster - co-host
3, Caerbannog
4, Arniec
5, Ozzy
6, specky
7, Sgt.Squarehead
8, snapper_city
9, wyverns
10, TonyTiger66
11, Bonhoff
12, theplasticsurgeon
13, Mike
14, bubbasparksuk
15, Rob G
16, Ronan71
17, Kingtiger
18, JohnT
19, Tony Oliver
20, depressed lemur
21, Chris Jephcott
22, stevehnz
23, SleeperService
24, AngstROM
25, Parabat
26, Dazzio
27, old thumper
28, jrlx
29, ZitchDog
30, mtchllro

31, JOCKNEY - co-host in training

32, SimonT

33, corsairfoxfouruncle

• Like 2

Well guess what -- I'm IN.

262's dont seem to take up as much shelf space ,even in the larger scales than i would imagine . The swept wings seem to allow it to easily fit between other models in your display . In other words no one can use the excuse that they dont have room for a 262 as it doesnt take up any . ;)

I'M happy to be a deputy host if needed .

Alistair

• Like 1

Yes - in please!

I have two versions to choose from both based on the 1:48 Tamiya kit:

1) Gallands 262 with flat front tie and some damage around the cockpit (after the flight when Gallands leg was wounded)

2) As V9 with racing canopy ("Rennkabine")

Though there is a good chance that by the time this GB will become active, I will have some more ideas...

René

• Like 1

I've always liked these aircraft, I'm in 1/48 which ever make I go for. Maybe a Tamiya clear one.

the Tamiya clear one would be a great choice . You dont see many of them built especially in flight :pilot:

• Like 1

ok as there seems to be some interest I'll start a list.

Please remember this STGB would be for sometime in 2018 (gosh are we planning that far ahead!!!) and Enzo won't start looking at STGB's for that year until November.

• Like 1

Is there a readily available and half-decent 1/72 kit of the twin-cannon fighter-bomber version (A1?).....I've bought a couple of kits (Academy/Revell etc.) that feature ordnance of one type or another, but not the twin gun nose for a proper Sturmvogel. :shrug:

Either way, I'd like to put my name down for this one as I've got a night-fighter and a lot of extras that I can make a fool of myself with. :winkgrin:

• Like 2

Will the mistel version be included?! Might be tempted to do that one in 1/48. With afcourse the bomber nose on it.

I have also got a 1/32 bomber nose for it, but than I need to get a Trumpeter kit for it.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 3

Rich ,i agree with your inclusion of paper projects that were in development . I shall look through my references as if by 2018 i have succumbed to temptation and built the new revell 1/32 kit (which i hope is now more than a paper project ) i may go with one of the Antares conversions

http://www.antaresmodels.com/php/web/index.php/

Just remembered iv also got the MDC bomber nose conversion in 1/32 to use on the trumpeter kit

• Like 2

With three Trimaster/Dragon/Italieri examples sitting quietly in the GI tract, of the stash monster I guess I had better join in!

Christian, exiled to africa

• Like 3

Please count me in, great idea. I love early jets. It would be a Czech Avia S-92 in a nice paint scheme, I may actually use the old Smer kit as the base.
Best regards
Tony

• Like 1

Have examples in 32, 48, 72 and 144 awaiting construction so that's a yes from me.

Seems odd that no-one has suggested one before....

• Like 2

Declaring the Revell Recce version,

Revell Monogram Pro Modeller day fighter version,

Hobbyboss day fighter,

and I should have a Revell nightfighter version - but couldn't see it two minutes ago.

I'm in!

• Like 1

Put me down as interested subject to other commitments, and I'd probably build a 1:48 262A-2a/U2 with the glazed nose for the prone bombardier. :)This one, but not that exact one.

• Like 2

Will the mistel version be included?! Might be tempted to do that one in 1/48. With afcourse the bomber nose on it.

I have also got a 1/32 bomber nose for it, but than I need to get a Trumpeter kit for it.

Cheers,

Is there any one now doing a 1/32 launch trolley so you could do a 1/32 262 mistel . I know a few years ago a company called cammet Models who made a mistel

http://www.hyperscale.com/2009/galleries/e377mistel32rs_1.htm

This would be a show stopper for sure

• Like 1

Welcome all, am currently at a loss whether to go my usual 1/48th or go up to 1/32nd for this one. Many moons ago I built the Hasegawa 1/32nd version, from memory it wasn't a bad model of that time period.

But it will be something a bit different is per usual a Czech Avia maybe, could always go another Night-fighter, you can never have enough of those. Will have a wee look in the library for ideas!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just giving this a little nudge! We only need 10 more interested members, surely that can't be too hard for such and interesting and important aircraft like this one!

Rich, STOP IT. You come up with way too many good GB ideas.

Add me. I have several 262s in Der Stashe, including an old 72th Matchbox one which will probably be my entry for this build.

• Like 1