Messerschmitt Me-262 STGB Chat

trickyrich

Thanks! Hopefully when this GB rolls around I might actually have the time to finish it! (Missed the deadlines for the last two I did, but my excuse is we are moving house!)

Invariably when I want to get involved work gets in the way and I promised myself not to join another but it's 2018 and a 262 would be hard to turn down. I have a shelf of books so must be able to find something. I have a nightfighter from the Trumpeter stable and it's reputed to be one of their better efforts.

• Like 1

welcome aboard gentlemen..........well I assume gentlemen.

There's plenty of time to think about what you'll build and plenty of time for manufactures to surprise us with something special......or disappoint!

• 3 weeks later...

If Sarge Squarehead can do one I'll join him. It'll be 48th and I'd really like to do the V1 in three engine configuration. If I'm still as chaotic as I am now then I reserve the right to change my mind.

now that would be nice to see...arr not you being chaotic but the V1 version! Who does a V1 version or are you planning a scratchbuilt one?? Either way it would be very yummy to have one in the build!

Welcome aboard, now just two more to go, come on!!!!

• Like 1

Come on folks and sign the form , there's no need to use p/e ,no need to go after market and you dont even need to use paint

news just in ....there is now no longer a need to have a 262 in your stash as the g/b provides a perfect excuse to go and buy 1 or 2

now that would be nice to see...arr not you being chaotic but the V1 version! Who does a V1 version or are you planning a scratchbuilt one?? Either way it would be very yummy to have one in the build!

Welcome aboard, now just two more to go, come on!!!!

Antares do/did a 48th resin one which I'll either build or use as a pattern to back date another kit. I've got a Monogram one which would be as good as starting point as any.

Thanks to the help I received HERE and while THIS THREAD brought up no horrors although I know the wing dihedral is a little off I have plenty to start with. I'd like to Thank everybody who contributed and I hope this GB gets through the vote.

I know I should be whacked gently in the upper set with a crowbar for even considering participating in a GB after my last debacle, but...when is this likely to kick off? :banghead:

arr don't worry about that, we all have GB's like that! It won't be until 2018 if we get the numbers, so there is plenty of time recover/get back into the GB groove!

Can supply crow-bar if you fail again! :D

Antares do/did a 48th resin one which I'll either build or use as a pattern to back date another kit. I've got a Monogram one which would be as good as starting point as any.

arr thats right, it's a nice model, they still produce it.Iit's cheaper to get it direct as they are way too expensive on evilBay.

• Like 1

Rich , do you think its possible to request an Autumn /Winter time slot in 2018 as the longer winter nights give people more time on their hobbys , which would ,i hope , encourage more attempts at 262's in 1/32 ?

I don't think that would be a problem all the slots for STGB's that have qualified will probably be all selected by Enzo at the same time on November. So a request for this one to be held mid-year shouldn't be a problem!

• Like 1

WOWHOO you're number 25.... unless someone bails! :fight:

Welcome aboard, this should be a really cool GB!!

If this is for 2018, I won't be the one to bail! Just darned busy this year, too busy for GB's anyway, but I have one or two ideas for a Shwalbe in mind...

• Like 1

arr don't worry about that, we all have GB's like that! It won't be until 2018 if we get the numbers, so there is plenty of time recover/get back into the GB groove!

Can supply crow-bar if you fail again! :D

Might hold ya to that! Still trying to reclaim my 'studio' from an offspring who evicted me soon after the French Fancy GB got under way, but he'll be moving on in October so this could be where I redeem myself...or not.

Anyhoo, please count be in. (Is that a deep, sonorous bell I hear tolling once, somewhere in the distance...?) I have a bit of a left-field approach to this one, but hopefully it will be worth a go! Thanks for giving me the chance. :)

• Like 1

Count me in (and make me #26?). I have an 262 in 1/144 lying around somewhere with resin and possibly pe and vacform upgrades. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Edited by Dazzio
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard

Count me in (and make me #26?). I have an 262 in 1/144 lying around somewhere with resin and possibly pe and vacform upgrades. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Ooo a baby 262 and with possible resin and PE extras, very nice.

Now will we see a 1/18th HPH Me-262???? If it wasn't for the extreme price (I can do pricy but even this is a bit on the extreme side for me!!), I'd be building one of those!!

• Like 2

Now will we see a 1/18th HPH Me-262???? If it wasn't for the extreme price (I can do pricy but even this is a bit on the extreme side for me!!), I'd be building one of those!!

Erm, might 1/12 qualify? :whistle: