1/72 - B-52H Stratofortress by Modelcollect - B-52G released, B-52D announced

madcat911

That's some pretty dramatic artwork although shouldn't there be lots of black smoke emanating from it? I'd love a B-52 in the collection but as I'm still holding out on building a Nimrod and two Valiants until I can figure out where to put them I don't think it's going to happen!

It might just turn out that this new manufacturer is not actually a new one.

And here is a link to their web site (much more convenient than the FB page that keeps insisting that you log in), where the expected price can be seen: http://www.modelcollect.com/newproducts

Edited by ShadowRaider

That's some pretty dramatic artwork although shouldn't there be lots of black smoke emanating from it? I'd love a B-52 in the collection but as I'm still holding out on building a Nimrod and two Valiants until I can figure out where to put them I don't think it's going to happen!

I think it was just the P & W J-57 engine variants (B through G) that produced such a magnificent conversion of power into pollution via water injection!! :lol: . The H model was powered by the more powerful and cleaner burning P & W TF-33 engine. Have vivid memories of a clag producing B-52G take off from Fairford many years ago!!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

Having never heard of this company before I had to look around for a few review. From what I saw it seems that their kits are pretty good modern kits. Sounds promising for this new B-52 ! If the level is the same I've seen in those few tanks reviews, the old AMT kit may finally be retired for good. Price will however play a part in the success of this kit, $100 is not too much for such a large kit (I have a Monogram D in the stash and it's huge) but once import taxes and delivery are added, the price may increase by quite a margin. The Italeri reboxes of the AMT kits used to sell for £30-40 at model shops in the UK and across Europe

• Like 1

Having never heard of this company before I had to look around for a few review. From what I saw it seems that their kits are pretty good modern kits. Sounds promising for this new B-52 ! If the level is the same I've seen in those few tanks reviews, the old AMT kit may finally be retired for good. Price will however play a part in the success of this kit, $100 is not too much for such a large kit (I have a Monogram D in the stash and it's huge) but once import taxes and delivery are added, the price may increase by quite a margin. The Italeri reboxes of the AMT kits used to sell for £30-40 at model shops in the UK and across Europe

Assuming the kit will be available in the UK we can factor in VAT at 20% as well. Postage will be hefty on what will be a large and heavy model. To be honest, I don't think we will see this in the UK for much less than £90- £100. I may be wrong of course. That would be unaffordable on my budget but, this one I will get !! if I speak nicely to my partner & offer to pay half it may appear on her Crimbo shopping list!! :lol: . The Revell/Monogram D version is still a pretty good model despite its age and I would rather not have to tackle the AMT/Italeri kit!! .Be interesting to see how they tackle the characteristic wing droop of the B-52. Regardless of cost etc, this is a seriously overdue kit which I am delighted to see & I hope that they tackle the earlier versions as well - despite the size if the thing!!

Allan

Allan

Very nice! I already have a finished AMT B-52G gathering dust in my storeroom, but there's always room for a B-52H! (It's a rather large storeroom.)

Regards,

Jason

I think it was just the P & W J-57 engine variants (B through G) that produced such a magnificent conversion of power into pollution via water injection!! :lol: . The H model was powered by the more powerful and cleaner burning P & W TF-33 engine. Have vivid memories of a clag producing B-52G take off from Fairford many years ago!!

Allan

That is exactly why... The Hs still give off a fair amount of exhaust but the Gs with water injection made it look like a flight of F-4s were taking off! Needless to say, I'll be picking up a couple to build.

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 06:43, SeaVenom said:

(...) I hope they do a Vietnam era D as well.

https://www.facebook.com/Modelcollect/photos/a.153755038112938.33382.153752164779892/651663011655469/?type=3&theater

Considering Modelcollect way of working - see their serie of T-80 variants http://www.modelcollect.com/t-80-series - we might expect a complete family of B-52 kits. Fingers crossed.

Picture of B-52H U.S. Stratofortress strategic Bomber

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Very interesting and if indeed it is a new tooling then I'll be getting one at least........and if they do manage to get a few versions out then a Chrome Dome H (or even Skybolt) and Hound dog equipped F would be rather nice. The TF33's did produce smoke but not on the industrial level of water injected J-57's....

Modellcollect has been around for at least three years, if not longer.... until now they've focused completely on Late War German Tanks, or Modern/Cold War Soviet Tanks in 1/72. I've got three of their kits, and am in the process of building one. They are probably the best tanks in this scale on the market now, with the possible exception of Aoshima, which have put out some really phenomenal stuff in this scale. It shouldn't escape notice that the two companies are collaborating to produce a Patriot Missile Truck. The lower hull is die casted, brass barrel, PE, magic tracks... you're buying an all in-kit. The only problem is that this will likely be an very expensive kit. The average for a 1/72 Tank is 2400 yen... this will likely be a lot more.