1/72 - B-52H Stratofortress by Modelcollect - B-52G released, B-52D announced

madcat911

Do my admittedly feeble old eyes deceive me or, is there just a hint of wing droop there?:lol:. Be great if they have captured this very distinctive feature of parked/loaded B-52s. May be a bit early to tell yet but, hope there is a flaps extended option as well as an alternative loadout  to the ALCMs. Whatever,  it looks beautiful and while it will probably be unaffordable for me, I have already dropped hints to my lovely partner as she is looking for ideas for my 60th!! If this model is of similar quality to their 1/72 AFVs, we are in for a treat

Allan

• 1 month later...

For anyone interested, it's available to pre order at Hobby Link Japan priced at 82.47 Euros (£69.66). Of course you will have to add shipping to that!

Allan

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Thanks for posting the link - I couldn't get it to attach!! £70 ain't so bad but of course one would still have to add postage and possible VAT/Import charges in the UK.

Allan.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Neil Lambess said:

Strange camera angle most likley , but the B52 (which has a larger wingspan than the B2 ) looks tiny ...

Well according to Google the B-52 has a 56m wingspan and the B-2 has a 52 m wingspan.

That difference of 4m is 5.5cm in 1/72 or almost 3cm for each wing. So yes it looks a little too short. Hopefully, it is the camera angle

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, snapper_city said:

Lots of interior that won't be seen. 

I'm surprised with the ALCM rotary launcher.

It seems a bit high in the fuselage, shouldn't there be fuel tanks?

I still want one though.

Wrong scale for me, already got two in 1/48...

Cheers,

S.

• Like 1

On 14/12/2017 at 8:58 AM, Caerbannog said:

OMG - epic fail - they missed an engine pod.

:coat:

And the centre line is over scale.

Graham

2 hours ago, Sebastien said:

I'm surprised with the ALCM rotary launcher.

It seems a bit high in the fuselage, shouldn't there be fuel tanks?

Yes, there should. The upper 1/4 of the fuselage at that point is a fuel tank, according to my sources.

It's pleasing to see they're (also) doing the version with the rear .50's. I already have a -G built up (the AMT kit, with the wing droop added), but I might well be persuaded to buy another, if the price is right, and it has wing walkway stripes (it took me ages to do them from my own AM stripes on my AMT kit!). The detail looks quite nice!

Regards,

Jason

P.S. Now that I look at it again, that appears to be the manned tail gun position, not the remote-controlled installation on the -G. I'll have to take a butcher's at their Facebook/web site to see if there's an explanation for this, and/or to help them see the error of their ways.

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.

12 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Yes, there should. The upper 1/4 of the fuselage at that point is a fuel tank, according to my sources.

Yes...the ALCM rotary launcher has two “ bulkhead” type mounting yokes and not a drive like depicted.  The lower ALCM on the launcher almost touches the bomb bay doors when closed.  The upper portion of they bay is the mid body fuel tanks...

Edited by Bravo52

• 4 weeks later...