Hurricane nightfighter

No. 151 Squadron, Wittering, 22/12/40 – April 1943. When 151 Sqn arrived at Wittering they were flying Hurricanes and had just completed a spell of night-flying training at Bramcote and was being re-equipped with Defiants. The squadron received Hurricane IIcs in June 1941. One was Z3467 DZ-Y. By January 1942 the squadron’s role had changed to convoy patrols along the east coast. The Hurricanes were retired in April 1942 when re-equipping with Mosquitos started, 151 Sqn moved to Colerne in Wiltshire a year later.

412625245.jpg

412625243.jpg

412625242.jpg

412625241.jpg

412625244.jpg

This is the Revell (04144) 1/72 Hawker Hurricane IIc

• Like 16

Hi Ratch,

I have never dared paint a plane black, as I have always been worried that it would end up looking like a lump of coal with wings...

And I have seen models like that too.

But not yours! In my eyes, your Hurricane looks just right. Congrats for building a night fighter that ends up looking like a night fighter!

Did you have any issues with the over-engineering of the wings?

What's next?

Cheers

JR

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind words guys

jean, on 26 Jun 2016 - 8:36 PM, said:

Did you have any issues with the over-engineering of the wings?

What's next?

No problem with the wings Jean. As I wanted the undercarriage retracted, I used some from my spares box. Not a perfect fit (a little fettling required) but they did the job.

What's next? I'm currently working on some Historex figures.

Very nice indeed. Black seems to really suit the Hurricane. Must do one myself. I really like the Revell kit although I usually re-shape the prop blades a bit. Looks like you did the same from the photos.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind feedback guys, I appreciate it.

Meatbox8, on 27 Jun 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

I really like the Revell kit although I usually re-shape the prop blades a bit. Looks like you did the same from the photos.

Nope, SFTB :winkgrin: