Achilles IIc Tank Destroyer

Roman Schilhart

Hello,

I have bought a Unimodel (UM) kit of the Achilles IIc, the British version of the American M10 Tank Destroyer:

http://www.172shermans.com/kitreviews/UM/Achilles_prev.htm

What is the appropriate interior color of the inside hull?

It will be visible through the open-hatch turret.

According to my sources, American M10s had the interior painted off-White, while the turret insides are Olive Drab.

Does the same apply to British Achilles?

Thanks for your expertise -

Roman

From what I have seen it would have been the same as the turret interior, but the driver, radio operators position and engine compartment would likely have been the usual off white.

• Like 1

From what I have seen it would have been the same as the turret interior, but the driver, radio operators position and engine compartment would likely have been the usual off white.

Thanks a lot for this useful Information!

Also, it was common practice for the undersides of the hull hatches to be painted the same as the exterior. If not done at the factory, the crew would likely have rectified this.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

Also, it was common practice for the undersides of the hull hatches to be painted the same as the exterior. If not done at the factory, the crew would likely have rectified this.

regards,

Jack

The pictures in the Armour Photogallery book definitely show that that this is the case. All of the hatch interiors are olive drab, including periscopes and hatch locking ring. Another thing, the tread plate upper face is in olive drab with the sides in the same off white as the hull interior.

• Like 1