Sea King HAS.5?

GMK

Having picked up a copy of the Haynes Manual on the Sea King, the MAD detector & sponson caught my eye. Can't find much in the way of pics - any pointers?

Cheers,

Greg

XV675 is the airframe to look out for (that's the one in Luke's Poster) - not sure if it still has the sponson, there are a couple of pics on the web suggesting that it is just on props

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77175657@N00/6936903232

The poster! Please ignore the shadow, it's the shelf above!

image_zpsbdd1a7tr.jpeg

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 1

There's some walkround photo's of our Falklands MK5 in rotor walkrounds area that will be of use then!

Dave[/quote

Mk 5 Falklands are you sure?

Meanwhile did a quick GTS on images under

771nas sea king and there are some pics with the flir turret fitted which I believe was the same turret used on the mk3/3A.

Starfire seems to ring a bell ....different of course to the MX 15 on the mk4 .

When I get a chance I will look it up ...work is busy what with the move and other work on annoying small grey (two tone) furious palmtrees.

On second thoughts I won't need to some smashing phots on the crab sea king of the turret...as for the other sea king pics what a miserable airday that must have been.hope it holds out for next Saturday(2nd) might get half a dozen green munglies up maybe a couple more who knows :-D

• Like 1

RAF fit pics not very good I'm afraid

IMGP2533_zpsvaapn58p.jpg

IMGP4378_zpsgyrg0esi.jpg

I think the photos show that the RN and RAF FLIR fits are not the same and they have different turrets fitted.

Willy

Edited by dolphin38