1/72 - IAI C2/C7 “KFIR” by AMK AvantGarde Model Kits - progress

+100 for a 1/72 Mirage IIIE as well.

Not sure of your current pricing policies, however if it's a decent kit (and based on your track record - it will be) a E type Mirage just has to be another legal form for printing your own money!!

Cheers.. and awaiting your next announcements.. Dave

Good morning

I hope AMK will release both (but C first of course ..) .

Patrice

Good morning

I hope AMK will release both (but C first of course ..) .

Patrice

Patrice,

For Australian reasons you can understand why I would want an 'E' / "O' first, however seeing as if we owe it to the French for designing one of the most beautiful aircraft of all time, I will support your 'C' version as an initial AMK release.

All we now need is for Martin and co. to do their bit.

Cheers... Dave.

I'd happily give up half my stash if that would convince the Mirage gods into making a decent 1:72 offering. ( I just imagined actually doing this while typing and yes, I really would. )

I'd build at least ten for starters (including C version). The market for this must be huge: the lowest hanging fruit ever! 👍

Jay

I'd happily give up half my stash if that would convince the Mirage gods into making a decent 1:72 offering. ( I just imagined actually doing this while typing and yes, I really would. )

I'd build at least ten for starters (including C version). The market for this must be huge: the lowest hanging fruit ever! 👍

Jay

Likewise, I'd quite happily build Mirages till the cows come home and beyond, once I'd done all of the French Escadrilles I'd start on the foreign users.

I'm not saying I don't want a IIIC, I'm just saying that we need a decent 1/72nd scale IIIE type, before a 5 and long before a IIIC.

The markings options of a IIIC are much more limited than a IIIE model.

• Like 1

Patrice,

For Australian reasons you can understand why I would want an 'E' / "O' first, however seeing as if we owe it to the French for designing one of the most beautiful aircraft of all time, I will support your 'C' version as an initial AMK release.

All we now need is for Martin and co. to do their bit.

Cheers... Dave.

Likewise, I'd quite happily build Mirages till the cows come home and beyond, once I'd done all of the French Escadrilles I'd start on the foreign users.

I'm not saying I don't want a IIIC, I'm just saying that we need a decent 1/72nd scale IIIE type, before a 5 and long before a IIIC.

The markings options of a IIIC are much more limited than a IIIE model.

Good afternoon Dave and Wez

I understand your points ..

I hope Amk will release both C and E ..

But I have been waiting for years for a good model in order to build a French NMF IIIC of 2e Escadre de Chasse "Cigognes" 810293Mirage3C19612EF520x296.jpg

And a NMF Israeli IIICJ of IAF Squadron 101

594181mirageiiicjshahak56iaf101tayesetjp

And maybe another camouflaged CJ ..

Patrice

• Like 2

Good afternoon Dave and Wez

I understand your points ..

I hope Amk will release both C and E ..

But I have been waiting for years for a good model in order to build a French NMF IIIC of 2e Escadre de Chasse "Cigognes" 810293Mirage3C19612EF520x296.jpg

And a NMF Israeli IIICJ of IAF Squadron 101

594181mirageiiicjshahak56iaf101tayesetjp

And maybe another camouflaged CJ ..

Patrice

We really need a good CJ, it's the biggest omission from Israeli collection, the Kfir should plug another gap too. The last big gap then would be an Israeli A-4.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

1/72 Mirage IIIC by AMK. That is needed - there's no correct IIIC on the market while there have been several IIIE / 5 -from the good shapewise Heller to the PJ Prod ones-.

But no good IIIC! and as for decorations, just for the French there are:

• Natural metal (with code variations, on fuselage or on the nose)
    • 01/002 Cigognes
    • 02/002 Côte d'Or - Yellow arrow and Griffin
    • 01/005 Vendée - Blue arrow and Jeanne d'Arc head
    • 02/005 Ile de France - Red arrow and Ile de France shield
    • 02/010 Seine - Large Rooster on tail
    • 02/013 Alpes - 2 shades of blue arrow + Knight badges
  • Air superiority blue 02/010 Seine or CEAM with large dayglo panels
  • And the Djibouti camo of 03/010 Vexin -brand new or faded-
  • ... and even the pink IIIC of 10-RO of 02/010.

So please spare at least a dozen IIIC for me!

• Like 1

1/72 Mirage IIIC by AMK. That is needed - there's no correct IIIC on the market while there have been several IIIE / 5 -from the good shapewise Heller to the PJ Prod ones-.

But no good IIIC!

I think most here and on the market would rather prefer a line of all versions. Special Hobby just launched a very successful F.1 series so there's no reason to assume things would be worse for the Delta market-wise. As regards to there already being a IIIE - PJ is quite disappointing methinks and priced as if it's a resin kit, Heller is really old and overpriced as well.

I remember when I was a kid first getting to know aviation modelling and getting all excited by the news late 1980s that Hasegawa was releasing the complete Phantom phamily in 1/72 -seeing the first pics of the test builds was an utter joy. They did it again for the F-104 and F-111. Who knows one day we'll get a Mirage overload of the same dimensions. I think I know how I would feel that day. Probably something like this:

tumblr_lq04v7b5bJ1qjf12k.jpg

Jay

EDIT: Sorry for my Mirage-based reply, as this is still a Kfir thread after all.

Which is sort of a Mirage with a J79. On paper: way cooler. :worms:

Edited by Mountain goat

• 4 weeks later...

Some nice varied schemes.  I shall have to increase my pre-order.

Nice one Martin.  I'm looking forward to opening them box on my work bench.

Zhizhou

3 hours ago, Wez said:

Columbia or Ecuador, Columbia or Ecuador, Columbia or Ecuador?  Sod it!  Both!!

That's at least two of these I'll have to buy.

Ah, a man after my own quandary! (And conclusion:wicked:)

Christian, exiled to africa

Unfortunately I don't have the same quandry, mine is can I afford five kits coz I like alll of those schemes!

Paul Harrison

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...