1/72 - IAI C2/C7 “KFIR” by AMK AvantGarde Model Kits - progress

Martin, thank you for responding to my question regarding the decals. Good news!

>> So aggressors will be C7 based I suspect

I am very sorry to correct you, but - according to available sources - F-21A was based on Kfir C1, not C7. Certainly it has some differences.

The F-21 is the aggressor the Navy uses by there are some other aggressors based on the C7.

ATAC being one who used the C7, C-1 and F-21.

It would be great to have the Cheetah style nose fitted to some Columbian Kfirs. In any event, the base kit looks superb, especially with those shoulder pylons (a first?) and one piece missiles/bombs. I'll be lining up with the others for some of these.

great news! Maybe a 1/72 Mirage III series further down the line?

Seconded.

Thirded!!

Given how nice the L-29 is I will take just about any kit in 1/72 from AMK.

An F-86A and FJ-2/3 Fury would be outstanding though.

Julien

I'm with you on this too (especially the F-86A).

I'm really pleased to see this in 1/72nd - another option for the Mirage GB for 2017 folks (get across and register your interest and remember to vote for the GB when voting comes around)! http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234975223-mirage-groupbuild-for-2017/page-11

Wez

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

Dear Martin @ AMK,

Could you please consider adding USN and/or USMC variants as decal options?

(as some undoubtedly know, the F-21A was in service with VF-43 and VMFT-401 for "Aggressor" adversary training)

the only problem is the USN and marines ones were Kfir C1's with the smaller canards....i plan on doing one of the ATAC civil registered ones...they are C2's........and maybe get another to do the columbian "blackfir"

the only problem is the USN and marines ones were Kfir C1's with the smaller canards....i plan on doing one of the ATAC civil registered ones...they are C2's........and maybe get another to do the columbian "blackfir"

What’s the problem ;p

That is what plastic card is made for. :thumbsup2:

Might not need it.....who can tell?

• Like 2

Just to let you guys know that we will be upgrading the 1/48 Kfir kit as well and making all the tool changes necessary after all this feedback.

No time or date for that just yet but, as you know, we like to get it as near to perfect as we can.
Pinched waist has already been updated, canopy changes etc. Should make it the definitive Kfir in 1/48 once the 1/72 is done.
I will keep you updated.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know that we will be upgrading the 1/48 Kfir kit as well and making all the tool changes necessary after all this feedback.

No time or date for that just yet but, as you know, we like to get it as near to perfect as we can.
Pinched waist has already been updated, canopy changes etc. Should make it the definitive Kfir in 1/48 once the 1/72 is done.
I will keep you updated.

oh yes!! thank you martin for this info, you really are a credit to your company :thumbsup2:

I'll be buying some of the first batch :)

also, does AMK have any plans to do two-seaters? as mike has said, that variant has not been done in plastic, and those long-nosed kfirs are really interesting. and also, does AMK have any plans to do the south african denel atlas cheetah? single and two-seaters?

• Like 1

Hi there,

To quickly summarize, based on pictures found in the book "101 First Fighter Squadron" (by Shlomo Aloni - Isradecal Publications 2007),

-Kfir C1 (?), wings without dogtooth, no canard - Italeri F-21, filling the recess for the canard (Kfir 716, 725, 729, 731, 762...)

-Kfir C2 (?) wings without dogtooth, large canards - Italeri F-21 + C7 canards (Kfir 865, 872, 876, 878...)

-Kfir C7 (?) wings with dogtooth, large canards - Italeri C7, (Kfir 829, 860, 885...)

Eagle Designs set 72-ck-14 Tanks and pymons for Kfir may also be very useful.

By the way, we really need a new tool Kfir !

Regards,

Chris.

Edited by Papertiger59

Hi there,

To quickly summarize, based on pictures found in the book "101 First Fighter Squadron" (by Shlomo Aloni - Isradecal Publications 2007),

-Kfir C1 (?), wings without dogtooth, no canard - Italeri F-21, filling the recess for the canard (Kfir 716, 725, 729, 731, 762...)

-Kfir C2 (?) wings without dogtooth, large canards - Italeri F-21 + C7 canards (Kfir 865, 872, 876, 878...)

-Kfir C7 (?) wings with dogtooth, large canards - Italeri C7, (Kfir 829, 860, 885...)

Eagle Designs set 72-ck-14 Tanks and pymons for Kfir may also be very useful.

By the way, we really need a new tool Kfir !

Regards,

Chris.

Disagree, according the various sources (particularly Amos Dor's book on the Kfir in the IAF Aircraft Series) the structural differences are these:

Kfir: no dogtooth on wings, no canard surfaces

Kfir Canard: modification added to existing Kfirs, no dogtooth, small canards. Later leased as F-21 to the US Navy.

Kfir C2: dogtooth on wings, large canards, strakes on the nose

Kfir C7: as C2 but with additional hardpoints under the intakes and in-flight refuelling capability

Latest of the family is the Kfir C10 an export variant of the C7 with different noses and a new frameless windscreen

• Like 1

Disagree, according the various sources (particularly Amos Dor's book on the Kfir in the IAF Aircraft Series) the structural differences are these:

Kfir: no dogtooth on wings, no canard surfaces

Kfir Canard: modification added to existing Kfirs, no dogtooth, small canards. Later leased as F-21 to the US Navy.

Kfir C2: dogtooth on wings, large canards, strakes on the nose

Kfir C7: as C2 but with additional hardpoints under the intakes and in-flight refuelling capability

Latest of the family is the Kfir C10 an export variant of the C7 with different noses and a new frameless windscreen

I agree with you Giorgio...

I just based my thoughts on the pictures on the book about the First Fighter Squadron, which is one of my points of interest... I was not sure about the official designation of each variants, since in the book all Kfirs are refered simply as "Kfirs", this is why I put a question mark... About the additional hard points, the Eagle Designs add-on is worth looking for...

As I wrote before, it's just about the 101ers Kfirs... I know small canards were added, but 101ers speaking, none were in service with 101... (101er fan speaking...) ;)

Regards,

Chris.

Chris, you're right, no "small canard" Kfir was used by 101 Squadron.

This variant seems to have been initially used by 109 "Valley" Squadron and its aircrafts were then passed to 254 "Midland" Squadron. When these Kfirs were retired, 254 Squadron was deactivated.

Years ago I started building an Italeri F-21 as a 254 aircraft Kfir Canard, I've yet to finish the model though...

I think we opened a kind of worms can.

Early Kfirs #1 - 5 hard points : 2x AAM, 2x Fuel tanks (large ones or Mirage Supresonic Fuel Tanks style), 1x Fuel tank on center line station

Strange bird... "749" Early Kfir, no canards, no strakes, no dogtooth - 7 hard points : 2X AAM, 2x TER, 1X TER on centerline AND two small hard points between guns and wheel bay (Not à la C7)... Pic dated September 1976.

Regards,

Chris.

Edited by Papertiger59
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Martin @ AMK,

Could you please consider adding USN and/or USMC variants as decal options?

(as some undoubtedly know, the F-21A was in service with VF-43 and VMFT-401 for "Aggressor" adversary training)

The F-21a was indeed used by the Adversaries (not Aggressors - those are USAF). The Adversaries are US Marines and Navy.

ATAC used the F-21 (C2) so could be an interesting build. Look at our Facebook Builders Club for one doe as an ATAC bird. It is NOT an F-21A - don’t let anyone tell you it is.

Ask me how I know?.... I am afraid it is another.....

:shutup: