1/72 - IAI C2/C7 “KFIR” by AMK AvantGarde Model Kits - progress

10 hours ago, Urubu-Rei said:

Ooooops, didn't realize it's D's that they are cooking up... :P

Must say, that makes more sense... I was actually thinking "What? Yet another Tomcat?", but Deltas are really quite scarce out there, and when you do find a Hasegawa available, you have to sell a kidney to get one!!

Well, I still hope that if AMK ever does decide to put yet another F-14A out in the market, they do consider the probe door cover issue... :P

We will do them all (A / B / D) because other manufacturers still left shed loads off their releases.

Compressed nose gear, hold back bar, slide molded weapons, open AND closed wing options (closed will be an extra wing set so you don’t have to close the panels up and use putty), correct oversweep for wings, yadayadayada.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Hobby said:

We will do them all (A / B / D) because other manufacturers still left shed loads off their releases.

Compressed nose gear, hold back bar, slide molded weapons, open AND closed wing options (closed will be an extra wing set so you don’t have to close the panels up and use putty), correct oversweep for wings, yadayadayada.

This is all very nice but what about a Mirage III/5? You know it makes sense...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Hobby said:

OK. We will see.

God I hate it when someone says that - sounds just like dad when I was about 6 :)

Good evening Martin

We really need a family of Mirage III/5 in 1/72 ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Martin

Best regards

Patrice

Patrice, 

I think Martin has heard this a few times now, however just in case he hasn’t - “Martin, please read the above post again”. The Kfir has received rave reviews so far. You can only imagine the flood of praise and sales that a Mirage III/V family will yield. 

Like all all good things - it’ll be worth the wait, however please don’t leave it too long, the average ‘Gentleman’s scale’ modeller's dexterity does not last forever you know!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Patrice, 

I think Martin has heard this a few times now, however just in case he hasn’t - “Martin, please read the above post again”. The Kfir has received rave reviews so far. You can only imagine the flood of praise and sales that a Mirage III/V family will yield. 

Like all all good things - it’ll be worth the wait, however please don’t leave it too long, the average ‘Gentleman’s scale’ dexterity does not last forever you know!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

I dunno, I liked the idea of a truly great modern Jaguar kit as well.

• Like 3

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Martin

Best regards

Patrice

Hello Patrice

I have  a solution to your problem. Just spare a little money, do you a favour and buy a PJ Production Mirage III/V serie.

If you do not like resin, or the injected version of PJ Production, you can always ask Mac Ron to recapitalize your national kit maker, who is established somewhere near where you are living. Ask also Mac Ron to fire the boss as well as all the Union workers and maybe you'll get a " New mold " Mirage III/V  made in France.(label of quality as we all know ....).

While you doing this I'll enjoy a moment of peace.

Madcop :rage:

7 hours ago, madcop said:

I have  a solution to your problem. Just spare a little money, do you a favour and buy a PJ Production Mirage III/V serie.

Value-for-money of the HPM/PJ kit isn't quite outstanding. Are you familiar with the kit ? It has been discussed in several places.

If you do not like resin, or the injected version of PJ Production, you can always ask Mac Ron to recapitalize your national kit maker, who is established somewhere near where you are living. Ask also Mac Ron to fire the boss as well as all the Union workers and maybe you'll get a " New mold " Mirage III/V  made in France.(label of quality as we all know ....).

Did you discuss with a kit producer to learn about its characteristics ?

8 hours ago, madcop said:

Hello Patrice

While you doing this I'll enjoy a moment of peace.

Madcop :rage:

Good morning Madcop

Sorry to disturb your moment of peace , I already have the PJ Prod Mirage IIIB and Mirage IIIE but my favourite is the IIIC ...

Best regards

Patrice

Hi Fabrice

I was just kidding , you know ...

I may understand you do not like the HPM/PJ Mirage... the HPM injected parts are beyond what we can expect today as far as " finesse " is concerned. I was more thinking about the "pure" resin production of PJ. He did a very nice Mirage IIIC back in 2001 or so. ( EC 1/2 " CIGOGNES " Dijon 1966 " Les Chevaliers du Ciel " EC 3/10 " VEXIN " Djibouti 1989.)

I  think it's still the best you can find today.

I have the AMK 1/72 Kfir and you may also find a difference in " finesse " between the flat surfaces (wings) and rounded one (fuselage) due to the processing. But it's still a very, very nice kit and I understand you want AMK to produce what looks like being your favourite aircraft.

My best peacefull and kind regards from Brussels 

Madcop :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

Value-for-money of the HPM/PJ kit isn't quite outstanding. Are you familiar with the kit ? It has been discussed in several places.

Did you discuss with a kit producer to learn about its characteristics ?

Hi Laurent

Totally agree with your point 1.

Could you be more specific about your point 2 ?

Best regards.

Madcop. :think:

1 hour ago, madcop said:

Could you be more specific about your point 2

Sorry I didn't check my reply before posting. Did you discuss with an injected plastic kit producer to learn about the business ? To know the constraints ?

3 hours ago, Laurent said:

Sorry I didn't check my reply before posting. Did you discuss with an injected plastic kit producer to learn about the business ? To know the constraints ?

Hi Laurent,

Yes I did but mostly with resin kit producers like PJ and CMR ( Petr Buchar, now retired). Never had the opportunity with injected plastic kit Producer, except wit Alfred Riedl from MPM-Special Hobby.

No later than this W.E. when I met him again at Plastic & Steel exhibition. We had the time to talk about his P-40 serie . We discussed about the possibilities of extending the range to Merlin Engined P-40.

He talked to me about mold constraint; it's to say whole new mold and costs   ( front fuselage and wings because of the # armement conf. ). Is the market large enough to accept a new P-40F that they already produced under MPM ?

I understood that it would be a question of rentability.... as always...

I suppose this would be the same for AMK if they go the way Mirage III....

Best regards

Madcop.

P.S. By the way, Alfred won the Gold medal with his test shot of the P-40N finished in Koninklijke Luchtmacht (Snafu) scheme.

I also saw the sprues. It's really nice and complete... the air intake is O.K. and the canopy is O.K and the recessed panel lines are O.K. also.

Edited by madcop
not finished

26 minutes ago, madcop said:

I understood that it would be a question of rentability.... as always...

Profitability always. Not only the company has to earn more that it spends but also the cash (after retail, wholesale and distributor margins deductions of course) must come in fast enough to be able to finance future projects. Often customers say "You'll sell bucket loads of the Gizmo Mk.4. Do it !"... yeah but a bucket load is 2000, 5000 or 10000 kits ? Of course producers most often don't say how many kits they sell in a particular time frame, how much a project costs or how many injections their toolings can suffer.

Edited by Laurent

2 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Are these in 1/48th?  If so, they won't fit the 1/72nd kit

Edited by Wez

17 minutes ago, Wez said:

Are these in 1/48th?  If so, they won't fit the 1/72nd kit

A slight error by our normally efficient Homebee, we will let him off this time :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Julien said:

A slight error by our normally effiecent Homebee, we wlet him off this time :D

Absolutely!

I was most surprised!

I'm sure the 1/72nd stuff will be along soon.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Julien said:

Thanks but I struggle with etched (fingers like jumbo sausages), tend to prefer resin.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This kit seems to have sold really well. I went to Telford hoping to pick one up but I had no luck, couldn't find a single kit anywhere. I cant even find one online for sale in the UK. I'm sure it could be found for sale somewhere overseas but the cost of shipping will be more than the cost of the kit.

Martin @ AMK Hobby, do you know if there are plans to release another batch to the UK market. I hope I haven't missed out on a great kit.

Thank you.

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:13 PM, Diggers11 said:

This kit seems to have sold really well. I went to Telford hoping to pick one up but I had no luck, couldn't find a single kit anywhere. I cant even find one online for sale in the UK. I'm sure it could be found for sale somewhere overseas but the cost of shipping will be more than the cost of the kit.

Martin @ AMK Hobby, do you know if there are plans to release another batch to the UK market. I hope I haven't missed out on a great kit.

Thank you.

Hannants are the UK importer for AMK and haven't had any in for weeks....

thanks

Mike