1/72 - IAI C2/C7 “KFIR” by AMK AvantGarde Model Kits - progress

49 minutes ago, Urubu-Rei said:

The box is ridiculously small and tight for the amount of plastic it holds. Closing it back was quite a challenge...

Well then there's your squashed bomb fins then. 

The decals I suppose are a quality control issue?  Will post up pics when mine arrives from France 🇫🇷 👍🏿

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

hopefully AMK will give us a lovely Mirage IIICJ

Mirage IIIE/5 - more markings options - you'll sell more kits that way! :clap:

12 hours ago, Mikemx said:

I'm missing a IIICJ for my own Israeli AF collection - purely selfish motive!

thanks

Mike

Good morning Mike

So do I .. a good Mirage IIICJ would make me very happy ...

Patrice

• Like 1

On 25/06/2016 at 17:20, Martin @ AMK Hobby said:

F-21 has minor differences to the C2 and C7. No dog tooth wing, different canards but both used the same engine I am informed.

That won't be a difficult conversion at all.

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That won't be a difficult conversion at all.

Yeeeppp, for AMK it's new box, instructions, decal and new separate

sprus with re-made details C15, C16, C17, C18, C29, C30.

But new box, instructions & decal it's most difficult for AMK, as I am understand!!!!

:):):)

B.R.

Serge

On 6/10/2017 at 1:45 PM, Gwart said:

Picked up one of these today and it's blown me away,just superb.Well done to AMK.F-5A/B next please :D .

Shane.

Mine arrived today from MJW and I share the same feelings, fantastic stuff ! I really wish AMK to keep offering us kits like this, whatever the subject I may pick them just for the pleasure of buying a great kit

• Like 5

My two arrived from MJW yesterday and I think it's a peach! When I first heard about it, I expected it to be at least twice the price, but the tenner I paid for mine represents outstanding value. Consider me an AMK fan!

I can only echo the calls for a 1/72 Mirage III.

Well done to everyone at AMK.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 2

Decals on mine are mostly fine, however I believe that the white base on the Equador and Colombian roundels is slightly off register, and that part of the yellow circles may end directly on the camo scheme, so disappearing. The flags on the tail are also not in perfect register. The Israeli unit insignia on the other hand seems fine.

• Thanks 1

The decals on both kits are perfect. 

Both kits do have an issue with the fins of some of the weapons being damaged.  I must stress this isn't a problem caused by MJW. It results from the way the kit is packaged.

However...  I've been thinking about this, and I believe that AMK intended the fins to be damaged.   There are three items which have vulnerable fins: Python III missiles, GBU-12 and Griffin LGBs.   Each part comes on its own sprue which interlock ingeniously to form a small stack of four.  In each case only two are required for a build choice.  I think that AMK have purposely provided more than necessary in the expectation that the one at the top will be damaged but will protect the others.  They could have tooled up a protective part, but that would have increased moulding costs. They could have provided internal packaging, but again that would have bumped up packaging costs on an inexpensive kit.  Providing an extra couple of pieces as they did costs pennies but protects the parts effectively.

Having said that, on my two kits the Pythons and GBU-12s are perfect. The Griffin LGB in each kit has damaged fins.  Out of all three kits, I have 10 Griffin LGBs so I'm now looking for subjects to use 'em up.  I take it only Israel uses them? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

However...  I've been thinking about this, and I believe that AMK intended the fins to be damaged.   There are three items which have vulnerable fins: Python III missiles, GBU-12 and Griffin LGBs.   Each part comes on its own sprue which interlock ingeniously to form a small stack of four.  In each case only two are required for a build choice.  I think that AMK have purposely provided more than necessary in the expectation that the one at the top will be damaged but will protect the others.  They could have tooled up a protective part, but that would have increased moulding costs. They could have provided internal packaging, but again that would have bumped up packaging costs on an inexpensive kit.  Providing an extra couple of pieces as they did costs pennies but protects the parts effectively.

That makes alot of sense... good idea if it’s true 👍🏿

• Like 1

Have you tried googling "Griffin LGB"?   I got pointed towards the Clarke Griffin LGBT Center.

According to Wikipedia, Griffin LGBs have been sold to India and carried on Jaguars.  Now there's an interesting project.

• Haha 1