1/72 - IAI C2/C7 “KFIR” by AMK AvantGarde Model Kits - progress

12 hours ago, Laurent said:

Hello Laurent.

Just received mine from HLJ one hour ago.

Sorry to have to tell you that these steps are well there !.

Madcop. :worry:

Now the good news.

These are just a few microns of plastic to scrap for the wings dogteeth and 2 layers of paint to add on the parabrake fairings  !

Nothing to worry about , really !:D

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

Oh I don't worry too much. The kit's value-for-money is outstanding. Still I wish the painting & decaling directions weren't so pixelated. It's difficult to be sure of the orientation of the stencils.

http://imgur.com/a/htHka

Yes, that's right.

AFAIK I am more worried about the engraving.  Looks like there are two types.  The main fuselage two parts have an ITALERI look alike soft engraving. This is very noticeable.

The rest of the parts are really clean and precise.

Why ?  

Madcop :wonder:

23 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Perhaps because this.

Thanks Laurent.

Very interesting and question answered !.

Like you said "The kit's value-for-money is outstanding."

Hope the best for the F-14 !

Madcop

The first production run has sold out.

We are working towards putting a new run in place.

Those asking for kits in the UK, they are shipped and en route now.

:)

As for the step. I will research this as I don’t even have my kits yet. Once I see what tis is all about I will notify HQ accordingly.

In any case, this kit has the coke bottle shape fuselage so many were asking for.

Good afternoon Martin

Given the already great success of your Kfir kit may I suggest you to work on the Mirage III (especially the C version ) and the Mirage 2000 in 1/72 scale ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 2

Thanks Martin, we are waiting patiently!!!!!! for the Kfir

TempestMK5, Patrice, looks like we cannot please all of us as I would prefer AMK to work on a Mirage III but I would prefer the E version over the C........any way I would probably take any.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ali62 said:

Thanks Martin, we are waiting patiently!!!!!! for the Kfir

TempestMK5, Patrice, looks like we cannot please all of us as I would prefer AMK to work on a Mirage III but I would prefer the E version over the C........any way I would probably take any.

Good evening Ali62

I hope that AMK will work on all the Mirage III versions to please all of the Mirage fans out there ...

Best regards

Patrice

Another vote for the Mirage IIIE/5 first but then the IIIC!

Go on Martin, make us so happy we'll burst!

Wez - another one waiting for his Kfir to arrive in the UK.

Hi, 

Personnally : although I'd like to see AMK quality on Mirage IIIE/5 kits, I'd rather have a Mirage 2000 series first.

(I already have 2 AMK Kfirs in my stash, I am ready for their next 1/72nd scale release...) :smile:

Eric B. 

Edited by Eric B.

Congrats to AMK for the outstanding kit that the Kfir turned out to be! I just received the 2 I bought from HLJ, and I'm really satisfied!

For future releases, I really hope the 2-seaters are not forgotten!! Starting with the Kfir, and certainly also with the (aparently very likely) future Mirage III series!!

And please, PLEASE, we need a decent Mirage 2K model! :yes:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wez said:

Another vote for the Mirage IIIE/5 first but then the IIIC!

Go on Martin, make us so happy we'll burst!

Wez - another one waiting for his Kfir to arrive in the UK.

10 hours ago, Eric B. said:

Hi, 

Personnally : although I'd like to see AMK quality on Mirage IIIE/5 kits, I'd rather have a Mirage 2000 series first.

(I already have 2 AMK Kfirs in my stash, I am ready for their next 1/72nd scale release...) :smile:

Eric B. 

1 hour ago, Urubu-Rei said:

Congrats to AMK for the outstanding kit that the Kfir turned out to be! I just received the 2 I bought from HLJ, and I'm really satisfied!

For future releases, I really hope the 2-seaters are not forgotten!! Starting with the Kfir, and certainly also with the (aparently very likely) future Mirage III series!!

And please, PLEASE, we need a decent Mirage 2K model! :yes:

Good morning

Let's have a dream that AMK will release a Mirage III (C/B/E etc ) AND a Mirage 2000 familly  ..

Patrice

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

Let's have a dream that AMK will release a Mirage III (C/B/E etc ) AND a Mirage 2000 familly  ..

Patrice

Now that Patrice is the ultimate dream

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm quite happy with the retooled PJ Productions Mirage III (I was also happy with the pre-retool version).  I have enough of them in The Stash to keep me occupied for a while.

So I would really like AMK to release a Mirage 2000 in 1/72, to the same standard as the Kfir.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2016 at 10:56 AM, Wez said:

Likewise, I'd quite happily build Mirages till the cows come home and beyond, once I'd done all of the French Escadrilles I'd start on the foreign users.

I'm not saying I don't want a IIIC, I'm just saying that we need a decent 1/72nd scale IIIE type, before a 5 and long before a IIIC.

The markings options of a IIIC are much more limited than a IIIE model.

The E seems to be to the Mirage III what the Mk IX was to the Spitfire for aircraft modellers.  I've just sliced the Doppler radome off my Heller IIIE, with a view to putting FROG's Australian markings on it.  I've a feeling that it's a bit more like a IIIC for forward fuselage length however.

46 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

To be honest, I'm quite happy with the retooled PJ Productions Mirage III (I was also happy with the pre-retool version).  I have enough of them in The Stash to keep me occupied for a while.

So I would really like AMK to release a Mirage 2000 in 1/72, to the same standard as the Kfir.

Good evening Enzo

For me the problem with the PJ Pro Mirage is the (high ) price if they would be less expensive I would have bought more ...

Patrice

I agree about the high price, Patrice.  If the price was 25% less, they would be very competitive in the market place.  I'm in the happy position that I have enough in The Stash to keep me going for a while.

I'm in a similar position with Hasegawa F-4 Phantoms.  The price of that kit is ludicrous at the moment, but I don't care as I have at least a dozen in The Stash.

The Stash is a wonderful thing. :)  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

22 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Enzo

For me the problem with the PJ Pro Mirage is the (high ) price if they would be less expensive I would have bought more ...

Patrice

I'm finding the PJ kit is testing my patience TBH, it looks like a mainstream kit but that's where it ends, however, as I've invested so much in paying for the kit I'm persisting with it, Special Hobby's Mirage F1 is a far nicer proposition!

Now if AMK could see their way to producing a range of Mirages (IIIB/C/D/E/5), that didn't cost an arm and two legs to buy and went together more easily than the PJ/HPM kit, I for one would be a very happy modeller!

36 minutes ago, JosephLalor said:

The E seems to be to the Mirage III what the Mk IX was to the Spitfire for aircraft modellers.  I've just sliced the Doppler radome off my Heller IIIE, with a view to putting FROG's Australian markings on it.  I've a feeling that it's a bit more like a IIIC for forward fuselage length however.

I'd never noticed that with the Heller kit before, I thought I had one in the stash but I don't (I looked for the Mirage GB), so I can't compare it.

Edited by Wez
more words

1 hour ago, JosephLalor said:

I've a feeling that it's a bit more like a IIIC for forward fuselage length however.

I'm a little puzzled. AFAIK the front fuselage (from the pitot to the rear of the canopy) is the same (appart from the eventual Doppler bulge). A plug was inserted behind the cockpit in the IIIE to add an avionic bay. Roughly speaking, on the IIIC, the rear canopy frame ends on the intake duct while in the IIIE it ends near the intake face. 

On 22/8/2017 at 4:45 PM, Eric B. said:

Hi, 

Eric B. 

+1, Mirage 2000 needs urgent a new tool

regards