1/72 - IAI C2/C7 “KFIR” by AMK AvantGarde Model Kits - progress

5 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Anyway if I don't build this Kfir I wil build the SH Mirage F1 and if I can afford it the PJ Prod Mirage III E 

Whatever happens, I'll be building a Kfir.  If the AMK Kit isn't available, I will use the veteran Hasegawa kit instead.  I will be building a Sri Lankan aircraft.

I will also build three Mirage F1s: a French F1B, an Ecuadorean F1E and a Gabonese F1AZ.

19 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

...if I can afford it the PJ Prod Mirage III E even if this is not my favourite version of the Delta Fighter ;)..

Patrice

Patrice,

I'm worried about you! The IIIE versions offer so many more colour schemes than the boring old IIIC :P... ... unless of course your favourite is the Mirage 5 :thumbsup2:

17 hours ago, Laurent said:

Don't. The kit exists, it's just that we don't know when it will be released.

That's the spirit Laurent!

I'll be getting a couple of these, the Columbian/Ecuadorian schemes really tickle my pickle...   ... whether they make it into the Mirage GB is another matter.

23 minutes ago, Wez said:

Patrice,

I'm worried about you! The IIIE versions offer so many more colour schemes than the boring old IIIC :P... ... unless of course your favourite is the Mirage 5 :thumbsup2:

That's the spirit Laurent!

I'll be getting a couple of these, the Columbian/Ecuadorian schemes really tickle my pickle...   ... whether they make it into the Mirage GB is another matter.

Good morning Wez

Thank you but don't worry about me the Mirage III C is one of my favourite jet fighter since I saw the TV series Les Chevaliers du ciel or The Aeronauts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aeronauts

when I was a kid in the 70s , I am also a great fan of the comic series Les Aventures de Tanguy et Laverdure  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanguy_et_Laverdure  I have all the Tv series on Dvd and all the books as well .

When I grew up I realised that this aircraft was also an iconic plane as important in the history of aviation as the Spit the Mustang or the F 4 Phantom ..

Since  I started building plastic models many years ago I always wanted to build the Mirage III C but so far there is no good kit of this aircraft in 1/72 I really hope that soon Pj Prod (for example ) will produce one ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I always wanted to build the Mirage III C but so far there is no good kit of this aircraft in 1/72 I really hope that soon Pj Prod (for example ) will produce one ..

I'm hoping that Airfix will.  As they seem to be replacing models from their old catalogue, it's not beyond the realms of probability. 

If the quality of Modelsvit's new Su-17M-3 is anything to go by, their forthcoming Mirage IIIE could be a winner.

Reg the Kfir. Looking forward to WiPs of this good-looking kit. Should be nice. (In the middle of rationalizing the stash- won't be buying one of these after all).

Jay

On 29/4/2017 at 12:59, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm hoping that Airfix will.  As they seem to be replacing models from their old catalogue, it's not beyond the realms of probability. 

Good morning Enzo

I am not too optimistic about the fact that Airfix would release a Mirage III C one day  ...

Patrice

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Enzo

I am not too optimistic about the fact that Airfix would release a Mirage III C one day  ...

Patrice

You never know Patrice, as this is AMK's thread, they may take the hint and bring us a 1/72nd Mirage III/5 (IIIE first though please).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wez said:

You never know Patrice, as this is AMK's thread, they may take the hint and bring us a 1/72nd Mirage III/5 (IIIE first though please).

Good morning Wez

You are right ,  I  think that it is more likely that Amk produces a Mirage III ..

Time will tell ..

By the way if you are looking for a Mirage IIIE you have this one   https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1027416-pj-production-721026-amd-mirage-iii-e

Regards

Patrice

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

You are right ,  I  think that it is more likely that Amk produces a Mirage III ..

Time will tell ..

By the way if you are looking for a Mirage IIIE you have this one   https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1027416-pj-production-721026-amd-mirage-iii-e

AMK has announced 1/48 F-14, L-39, MiG-25, G-91 and perhaps other things. The backlog is quite substantial already so I wouldn't hold my breath. 1/72 Mirage IIIE ? PJ or Modelsvit.

5 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Wez

Time will tell ..

Regards

Patrice

Patrice,

I have the Hi Planes Model version of the same kit, unfortunately it's the pre-improvement of the panel line version :confused:

I think I can work with it though...

...doesn't mean we couldn't do with a new kit (Laurent's comments above notwithstanding).

11 minutes ago, Wez said:

Patrice,

I have the Hi Planes Model version of the same kit, unfortunately it's the pre-improvement of the panel line version :confused:

I think I can work with it though...

...doesn't mean we couldn't do with a new kit (Laurent's comments above notwithstanding).

Good afternoon Wez

I guess you can live with these panel line but I agree with you we need more Mirage kits and expecially more C ... 

I don't understand why there is so fes offers for Mirage III in 1/72 when in 1/48 one can choose between all these kits  https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=mirage+III+1%2F48

Maybe I am going to build the Hobby Boss IIIC   https://www.scalemates.com/kits/104929-hobby-boss-80315-mirage-iii-c

I have in my stash for this Gb ..

Patrice

12 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Enzo

I think I need to mention the possibility every chance I get.  I did that with the Beaufighter. Eventually it came true! :lol:

10 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I think I need to mention the possibility every chance I get.  I did that with the Beaufighter. Eventually it came true! :lol:

Good morning Enzo

Ok but don't forget that the Beau was designed , built in England and operated by the Royal Air Force I would like to see a nice Mirage III C by Airfix but I think that if Airfix keep on replacing the models of their old catalogue in the future we will see a new Mosquito before we see a Mirage III ...

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Enzo

[...]

I guess French plane with the best chance to appear in Airfix catalogue have Hawk H-75 or some helicopters built by both countries.

By the way, may I ask about Heller condition?

1 minute ago, Botan said:

I guess French plane with the best chance to appear in Airfix catalogue have Hawk H-75 or some helicopters built by both countries.

By the way, may I ask about Heller condition?

Good morning Botan

As far as I know Heller is recovering slowly , there are no new aircraft kits for 2017 only focusing on cars , vehicles and boats ..

Patrice

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

As far as I know Heller is recovering slowly , there are no new aircraft kits for 2017 only focusing on cars , vehicles and boats ..

As long as they recover, that's a good thing.  Back in the day Heller were always one of my favourites.  I still have a lot of Heller kits in The Stash.  To my knowledge, Heller are the only company to have made an Etendard IVM in 1/72 - a kit that still looks good in the twenty-first century.  Heller's Mirage III/5 kit is also a little gem, although the undercarriage is a teensy bit week and spindly.

• Like 2

From AMK's facebook page

**STOP PRESS**

Sio from AMK here and I have an exciting proposition for you.

First of all, the 1/72 Kfir will be shipped in June to all distributors who have ordered from us. We are sincerely sorry for this unavoidable delay.

Second, as you guys know, the 1/72 Kfir moulds were completed a long time ago. The delay was due to the fact that our factory is very busy making some minor changes to make the kit as good as it could be. Therefore, we cannot release it until June.

...and a G-91.  And a SuE.  And at least three other, unannounced kits (the announced subjects were touted as "just part 1" of the 2016 releases).

Tomcat! Scmomcat!!

We've seen the plastic for the Kfir, we know it's coming, bring it on!

9 hours ago, Julien said:

From AMK's facebook page

Good morning

Am I the only one who dosen't see the exciting proposition ?

Come on AMK we want the Kfir NOW ..

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...

AMK Kfir is not yet released but some people has already received sample kits. 

Among them Scaleworx who's preparing some conversion sets.

Sources:

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/scaleworx/posts/614984958700849

https://www.facebook.com/scaleworx/photos/a.235132476686101.1073741852.212054182327264/614985298700815/?type=3&permPage=1

Thanks to AMK, ScaleWorx is pround to announce that the soon to be released 1/72 AMK Kfir C2/C7, we'll be making conversion sets for the Kfir C.10/CE, TC.2/TC.12, and the Cheetah B/C/D/E/R family!

(...)

The 1/72 Kfir C.10/CE will be first on the list for conversions to be made. Here is the work in progress of the basic shape of the nose. A big thanks to AMK for the sample kit 1f609.png 

V.P.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/scaleworx/photos/a.235132476686101.1073741852.212054182327264/622906677908677/

Update on the 1/72 Kfir TC.2/TC.12 conversion for the AMK kit. Had to abandone the option to use the Cheetah D cockpit section for the TC.2/TC.12, as it does not fit well. Making a new two seat configuration. Test fitted the nose and new cockpit tub with both seat types.

V.P.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...