1/72 - IAI C2/C7 “KFIR” by AMK AvantGarde Model Kits - progress

I like some of the things I see here, for a starter the kit looks modular enough to allow other variants to be issued in the future. Love this, a C10 would be very high on my list.Also like some of the details, the exhaust nozzle in particular looks very detailed. Can't comment on accuracy, hopefully the shapes are right. I'm now really looking forward even more to this kit

In the sprue pics shared in previous page , missiles and bombs are conspicuous by their absence . Not good , hope they are included in box ... 

1 hour ago, drake122 said:

Panel lines still look a bit heavy on those new sprue pics, don't they?

Bit hard to say really, I'd trust someone who's seen it in the flesh over a picture published on the internet!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Basuroy said:

In the sprue pics shared in previous page , missiles and bombs are conspicuous by their absence . Not good , hope they are included in box ... 

From the link (with some interpretation):

Everyone, I am pleased to bring you test shots of the AMK 1: 72 "cubs", to for a test fit.  

1 these are not the final production versions of the sprues.  The final versions that will be available for sale will differ, so these aren't fully representative of the production kit. The main purpose is a test build to find and fix any potential problems in assembly.

2 There are a total of 8 sprues, plus water-slide decals (ammunition parts were not in these test sprues)

3 There were no instructions supplied, but an electronic version will be posted later in development.

4 You can build two aircraft, in 5 paint schemes (???  the literal translation is: "The production of two aircraft, painted for the 5 models"  Maybe two aircraft refers to C2 or C7?)

5 I will shoot more details of the sprues throughout the build, and will point out any problems in the article.

6 I'll post more about the build tomorrow.

But basically, they're building a test shot to check for any construction issues, so there was no need to include the ordnance.

Oh, and the other comments are, variously, "watching eagerly", "panel lines are too wide, but better than the last pics.  it's missing rivets, but that's okay if the price is right", "there's no room on the sprues for C7/C10/C12 parts" and "can you shoot close ups of the details, particularly the panel lines and instrument panels"

Edited by ICMF
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 0:27 AM, ICMF said:

But basically, they're building a test shot to check for any construction issues, so there was no need to include the ordnance.

Thanks , that cleared my confusion :) 

The Baidu thread has been updated with some panel line shots:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5031559430

Rough translation of the post is:

"The 1/48 MiG-31 was criticized for having heavy panel lines, so I was curious to see if this kit would have similar trenches.  The most important area to improve on the Kfir should be the panel details.

The following is a comparison of the production Hasegawa Su-35 with the pre-production AMK Kfir.  (I'm supposed to be testing the assembly, not comparing the sprues, but as I'm concerned with overall quality, it helps to see how it compares with the panel lines of a popular manufacturer.)  The following photos show the Hasegawa Su-35 in light plastic and the AMK Kfir in dark.  You can view the images and draw your own conclusions."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I hop that the Kfir will be soon available as it will be a great improvement compared to the Italeri and Hasagawa kits   ..

ETA at Sincere Hobby is now April.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, ICMF said:

The following is a comparison of the production Hasegawa Su-35 with the pre-production AMK Kfir.  (I'm supposed to be testing the assembly, not comparing the sprues, but as I'm concerned with overall quality, it helps to see how it compares with the panel lines of a popular manufacturer.)  The following photos show the Hasegawa Su-35 in light plastic and the AMK Kfir in dark.  You can view the images and draw your own conclusions."

The Hasegawa Su-35 is considerably larger, is that a mistake?

More pics posted, BTW.  Some detail shots, plus the ordnance:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5031559430

(gist of the translation seems to be: "test fit, tail isn't taped" (for the test fit shot) and "surprisingly this 1/72 kit has one-piece ordnance!  AMK are considering a 1/72 standalone weapons set as well, but it's still in the planning stages.  There are still flaws to be corrected in these test shots, but AMK's dedication deserves respect." for the ordnance post)

Got to say though, those Griffins are a looking a little questionable.  Not really a fan of the panel lines on the seeker.  Also, isn't that the in-flight configuration for the tail fins, and wouldn't the version Kfirs flew just have vanes on the seeker, not the ring around them?  See: http://www.saairforce.co.za/seed/public/files/weapon_images/28/46ae0cab7229a_large.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That's fine by me. As long as it's before the Mirage GB. :)

Hi Enzo

That's fine for me too  :yes: but I can't help worrying about theses delays :worry:..

Anyway if I don't build this Kfir I wil build the SH Mirage F1 and if I can afford it the PJ Prod Mirage III E even if this is not my favourite version of the Delta Fighter ;)..

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 1