Trumpeter 1:35 Faun Tank Transporter

While waiting for the electrical equipment to finish my Schlingmann HLF20 fire truck (here) I have been mulling over and over as to what my next build will be. I like to try new builds that I have not done before which offer a challenge to me and these are getting less and less to choose from (within my budget and available space).

I could not find any stockists of any decent buses or fire truck kits so decided to go off the page and look at military again (having built the GTK Boxer here).

My lovely daughters offered to put some money towards a new kit as a Fathers Day present and so I opted for this kit. I have not made a Trumpeter kit before but all the parts seem to be in good condition and of good construction.

There seems to be a few variations of this build but, not really knowing much about military vehicles, I have decided that I will probably build this kit 'out of the box'. As others may know, this may change as I go along and as for lighting (most of my builds have lighting) I will have to see what is possible. One thing I am already looking at is that the wheels seem to be in a fixed position. I don't like that so.....................................(here I go already).

It has photo etched parts so that will be a whole new challenge and I have bought some 'accessories' to create atmosphere for the finished model.

I may decide to put the GTK Boxer on the trailor but may opt for buying a modern tank.

I hope you find some interest in this build.

FaunBox

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 6

Had one of these since it first came out. I'm along for the ride on this one!

Regards

Steve

Nice to have you on board Steve. The paint details are very sketchy on this one so I am applying a little common sense as I go along (Which I'm told I don't have much of)

• Like 1

Started mine but went on the back burner! might get me going on it again.

Looked so futuristic when they appeared imo.

It does look like a monster I must admit. The last tank transporter I did was 40-odd years ago with the airfix kit. The Boxer was the first military kit I have done since then. I've done the 1:24 trucks and trailors so this seemed different to me.

Managed to make a start today on the cab which is masked up for spraying. I'm waiting for some figures to arrive so I can add a driver.

So far the kit looks pretty good with not much sign of 'flashing' and there seems to be plenty of detail on the parts.

Trans01_zpsmtzaspw8

Trans02_zpstaaqbhjz

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 4

Nice progress for now, cheers Kevin :popcorn:

Thanks Francis. I had my first experience with photo etched parts today and it actually went ok. I know what I'm like working with soft metal (heavy handed) and I always tend to superglue my fingers together..........

• Like 1

I built this kit a few years ago, quite a bit of work needed to get a good result but well worth the effort. It may be worth your while to look at the build article on Perth Military Modelling site, I found it very

helpful.

Bryan

I built this kit a few years ago, quite a bit of work needed to get a good result but well worth the effort. It may be worth your while to look at the build article on Perth Military Modelling site, I found it very

helpful.

Bryan

Thanks for the link Bryan, Much appreciated. I didn't have much reference material until now but after looking at the link that you provided I have plenty.

As you said, the kit needs a lot of patience. The hardest part is that there is not much detail in the instructions regarding the painting of the details, etc. With the material I have now I will have a better idea. Thanks again.

Kevin

Managed to plough ahead a bit more. The bulk of the chassis is done and painted as are the wheels. I may add some detail but I'm not sure yet.

Trans04_zpsb8nwokn3

Trans05_zpsn96qvn1c

Trans03_zpser847l9w

I've also got some figure kits to assemble to creat some atmosphere. The driver is done and in place. It actually looks better in real life than in the photo.

Hopefully, tomorrow the cab will be fitted.

Trans07_zps7swoxvvo

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 6

Nice progress for now, :popcorn::popcorn: , cheers mate

Thanks, Francis. Appreciate the encouragement.

That's. a good looking chassis mate, nice work.

Thanks, Paul. Actually the chassis parts were quite clean and went together quite well.

Looks good. I bent it was a long job keeping it all square while your glue set up.

Well Phil, do I say that it was a real pain getting it all squared up in Jigs, etc, or do I tell the truth?

To be honest it all went together very well and now that I am adding the upper parts I am realising how lucky I was that it all seems square (as seen in the pictures below).

Hopefully I will be as lucky with the trailer.