BA-6M Armoured Car

Hi Sarge. Really glad to see this in the RFI section! I think it looks superb - especially considering how small it is. I personally think the weathering and finish look great. Very well done. :goodjob:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edit: I was just thinking how great this would look in a vignette! :winkgrin:

Edited by PlaStix

Unimodels aren't the easiest kits around as I have learned the hard way.

Detail ist often soft, scribed lines inconsistent, and getting the parts to fit is quite an achievement.

In that respect you've done a great job!

May I suggest to lighten up the base colours for a 'scale appearance' with a drop of white?

This method also helps to create better 'fake depth & shadows' on the model's skin.

Thanks for showing, Sergeant!

• Like 1

Hi Roman, cheers for the suggestions, I definitely agree it's too dark which caused me no end of problems with the dust wash.....My initial efforts looked more like a light fall of snow! :doh:

In fairness though, I did put the base colours on it seven years ago (IIRC I used Hu.29 & 30 rattle cans) so I would probably go about things rather differently today. :winkgrin:

Hi Sarge, Good to see it finished, like tiny models, take up less space! (now worrying where to home my Dinos - especially Big Bertha!) I like the finish too.

• Like 1

Decided I wasn't happy with the weathering so I did a bit more.....I've replaced the pictures in the first post. Still not happy with it, but I'm slightly less not happy with it than I was before. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Glad to know you're 'less not happy' with it than before. Good to see the penny alongside to give a sense of how small it actually is too!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1