US Jeep bronco

Joss

Hi guys and girls, I plan on making something involving these two boxs

IMG_20160620_230141_zpsnllsc7t4.jpg

And this guy from alpine miniatures;

IMG_20160620_230223_zpsn5jtolxy.jpg

Not sure what I'm going to do maybe the Jeep's diving through' and soldiers watching or Jeep stopped with the guy talking to the driver while others sitting around... I'll wait and see!

May get a few more alpine figures.

Also got some miniart tiles for the floor so abit of chopping will be in order!

Thanks for looking!

Joss

• Like 5

Hi Joss and welcome to the Vignette GB! Those Bronco sets look impressive. They should make up into a great vignette. :thumbsup::popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Will be watching. I did the crew set for a review for IPMS/USA. They build up well but I still need work on my figure painting (I grabbed the Tamiya Jeep to use with them someday).

Cheers guys! Hopefully I'll be able to do them justice!! Thanks Philp good know the figures build up well!

I started the Jeep I have a wipe but didn't get far on it so I'll just carry on here!

This is what I've got so far...

IMG_20160625_110651_zpstb7imzms.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Joss

• Like 3

Hi Joss. That all looks like it should go together well. Good idea with the frame. I've got some cheap frames from Wilkos that I'm going to use as the basis for my vignette builds.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix! I was thinking the same thing until I carried on with the model and remembered why I have up last time... the plastic is quite soft so everything isn't square and it doesn't take to glue well as everything keeps unsticking!!

I shall persevere.

A few picks made abit of progress on the Jeep

IMG_20160627_204605_zpsdznqcvcr.jpg

And plastered the base

IMG_20160625_134032_zpsnzehmvfc.jpg

Standard filler mixed with water and poured into the pictures frame!

Also Stix good to know wilkos does them, I usually get mine from tiger which mean a trip to Brighton!

Cheers everyone

Joss

• Like 3

Well you'd never guess there were problems with the jeep from my side of the internet - looking good. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the base - I may be 'borrowing' ideas!

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys I've been fiddling and fettling with her and I'm making progress!!

It's a nice kit just abit fiddly and I'm used to aircraft!

IMG_20160704_224648_zpsuotecr84.jpg

IMG_20160704_224714_zpspillnszl.jpg

For the base I'm undecided!! As I've got ideas in my head... but if I'm going the whole hog I want a bridge with water!! Rather ambitious with the space but we will see. If not it will just be a track with a fence!

Thanks for looking

Joss

• Like 4

Hello stix! I was just about to post actually, been abit busy this week with work helping my gf move house and going to Duxford airshow. However I've had a little stab at her (the kit that is...).

Anyway a few pictures

IMG_20160711_214455_zpskhjxryal.jpg

IMG_20160711_214533_zpsd2wbb73b.jpg

IMG_20160711_214547_zpsklcfes1j.jpg.

Not the greatest progress but its starting to take shape! The Jeep is more or less ready for paint now. With the wheel only being placed on it should be pretty easy going. (I've never painted a vehicle before which isn't a plane so this should be interesting!

Some sticks have been ordered of evilbay so the bridge should be started once they've arrived!

Thanks for looking

Joss

Edited by Joss
  • Like 4

Hi Joss. That is coming together really nicely. Good luck with the painting! I'm looking forward to seeing it with the paint on. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joss. Did you get chance to do any painting? And did the stuff arrive? ........just checking because I'm looking forward to seeing more of your project. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Joss. Did you get chance to do any painting? And did the stuff arrive? ........just checking because I'm looking forward to seeing more of your project. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi stix, I've primed the Jeep and have been base coating the soldiers so making progress!

The wood arrived and I'm quite happy with it just got to figure how to make it all fit now!

Thanks for the interest and encouragement!

Cheers

Joss

Edited by Joss
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Stix,

Unfortunately not :/ I've got distracted and an currently focusing on the spit.

I'm away until the end of sept so I don't think I'm gunna finish it in this GB but hopefully I shall finish it in the KUTA!

Thanks

Joss

Hi Stix,

Unfortunately not :/ I've got distracted and an currently focusing on the spit.

I'm away until the end of sept so I don't think I'm gunna finish it in this GB but hopefully I shall finish it in the KUTA!

Thanks

Joss

That's a shame but I quite understand. I will watch out for it later.

Kind regards,

Stix

That's a shame but I quite understand. I will watch out for it later.

Kind regards,

Stix

Sorry to disappoint! I shall see what I can do though, the spitfire should be done quite quickly then it's just to do the figures!

So I maybe able to sneak the Jeep in time allowing but im not will to rush it!

Regards

Joss

• Like 1