WNW Website problems?

Mark

Hi all, I've noticed that the WNW website shows nearly all of their kits as 'Coming Soon' instead of 'Add to Cart.'

Any ideas from you tech-savvy people? I've already emailed Richard at WNW and awaiting a reply, but just wondered what would cause a glitch like that.

It could have something to do with the fact they are changing it from free shipping and having to redo the shopping cart?

Maybe (as the free shipping text has disappeared from the top of the site too)

Edited by Skids

Hi guys. Yep, I got a reply from Richard pointing me to the news section.

So, no more free shipping and the sales are being dealt with by Weta Workshop. I have no problems with either. Free shipping was always a bonus and I took advantage of that for as long as I could. Weta Workshops have a well established retail shop and I'm sure that the transition will go smoothly.

What I DO have a problem with is why any company in its right mind would name itself after one of these!!!

• Like 2

Kudos to the lady commentator for not (seemingly) missing a beat whilst talking as that thing chewed her hand up in the video but that said, I can only wonder at what manner of infection and bacteria it was leaving behind in its bites?

As Mark said, what a weird creature to name your company after!

Gary

• Like 1

I know a woman who would have thrown said insect to the floor and would then have pounded it into the floor with the heel of her shoe.

Where as that woman commentator is made of different stuff.

These creatures are unique to New Zealand I think? as is Wing Nuts I presume?

The Weta are but one species of approximately 70 that belong to the Order Orthoptera and are either placed in the Family Anostostomatidae and/or the Family Rhaphidophoridae, which should give you some idea about the amount of confusion prevalent in this clade of the Orthoptera.

They are of interest to Palaeontologists, (that's me :frantic: ), as they evolved in south eastern Pangaea, (Gondwanaland) and chart its break-up 175 million years ago and dispersal across the Austral hemisphere. Thus their fossils are found in India, Antarctica, Australia and New Zealand. The latest known fossils outside of New Zealand are, surprise, surprise, in Australia and they are only extant in New Zealand today. Fossils have been reported from Siberia and China, but these are considered to be miss-identifications.

I have wondered if Wingnut Wings will crown this latest development with a new release as well..... :hmmm:

Christian, exiled to the armpit of the globe

Edited by wyverns4
  • Like 1