Well here goes, since I can't see anybody else showing us how this little beauty goes together I'm presenting my W.I.P. of my recently acquired simple set from the big H.
27098700293_676a923d30_z.jpg

27096819964_78f4564c26_z.jpg
I'm rather partial to Tiger Meet schemes so I was rather happy that Syhart re-released the two F-1C Tiger Meet Schemes, one from 1991 and the other from 1994 so I ordered them along with the Special Hobby F1C Simple set at a bargain price. Only lord knows how I made the mistake, I accidentally ordered two 1/48 sheets, so back to Hannants they were posted and the correct 1/72 sheets are now back in the post.

The detail in this kit is very nice, the panel lines aren't soft or shallow like in older S.H. or even sword kits, they are nice and sharp and not too deep.
So far I've attached the shock cone intakes which are molded all in one. Be careful when removing them from the sprues as there are large points attaching them to the sprue and ejectors. It's nice that they are all in one, but some panel lines on them need re-scribing.
27634661151_119d787014_z.jpg
The airbrakes are strangely moulded as one large panel which block fits in behind the intakes. With some fettling with a very sharp blade, they could be seperated and posed open I guess as I have seen these open on static aircraft.

27430807390_258244e9fe_z.jpg
I've now painted and inserted the cockpit and jet nozzle at the rear. I thought all was happy until I had glued the cockpit tub in place.
Part 7 which attaches to the front of the display panel coaming forced a curved part of the fuselage at the front away. It actually snapped off. I believe that curved bit is what wasn't present in the first batch of kits they released (just so you know what I mean). Just cut away at part seven so that it doesn't interfere with the fuselage.
27634380231_fef03461ae_z.jpg

That's it so far

Martin

• Like 3

So far, so good! I'm not at all familiar with this kit; I've got the old Hasegawa with a resin cockpit sitting in my stash for I don't know how long now...besides the recessed panel lines, how easy or not are you finding this build?

Edited by Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy

So far, so good! I'm not at all familiar with this kit; I've got the old Hasegawa with a resin cockpit sitting in my stash for I don't know how long now...besides the recessed panel lines, how easy or not are you finding this build?

Cheers, it is going together pretty well so far. It does look to be well engineered apart from where the front end of the instrument panel fits against the fuselage, but with most jets with a narrow cockpit, I've found joining up to be tricky. Much like with the Lightning and the Mig-21.

The undercarriage bays are impressive as well, especially the way they have moulded the main gear wells as part of the fuselage. Most kits you would see this as separate parts.

Martin

I'm interested in seeing this one come together. I've had my eye on their kit with Spanish markings. It looks like this one is going to look stunning. Thanks for sharing your experiences :)

:popcorn:

Best regards

Tony