1/72 Unimodel T-34/85

This is my 1/72 T-34/85 from Ukrainian manufacturer Unimodel (aka UM).

According to my research this was built at Factory 112 in 1944.

Markings from the box, towing cable from the spares box (probably of Dragon origin).

Metal gun barrel from CMK.

Not entirely happy how this turned out.

Being primarily an aircraft modeller, I still need to learn a lot about link-and-length tracks.

These do not sit right and produce a 'kinky' look which is unnatural.

May have to go through more military vehicle models to improve my experience!

Thanks for looking, anyway.

a_DSC9486_zps6djfldpm.jpga_DSC9487_zpseynkymzt.jpga_DSC9488_zpsesua4moc.jpga_DSC9489_zpszcuklx8k.jpga_DSC9490_zpsa4lelapu.jpga_DSC9491_zpspygu4mxw.jpga_DSC9493_zpsaoiizdyr.jpga_DSC9494_zpssadx3hcq.jpga_DSC9495_zpsuqvjnvcd.jpga_DSC9497_zps6qsiai11.jpga_DSC9498_zpsoihuxszu.jpga_DSC9499_zpsiuc1ffoi.jpga_DSC9500_zpssgby0kcl.jpga_DSC9501_zpsipyo4huf.jpga_DSC9502_zpsxfwe9yjn.jpg

Since the prominent welding line along the turret was lost during sanding, I replicated this with a piece of stretched sprue, molten in liquid glue:

IMG_0165_zps3u5pgvba.jpg

Photographs by Wolfgang Rabel of IGM Cars & Bikes.

Greetings from Vienna!

Roman

• Like 10

It's a shame about the tracks not fitting the drive and idler wheels properly. It looks to me as if you glued the top and bottom lengths completely on the flat, and glued on ONE link too many on both, meaning that they over-extend the wheels' circumference and shunt the following links away from the natural contact points ... otherwise it's a nice job.

I can't do 1/72nd scale. My fingers and eyes don't work properly.

Badder.

Beautiful finish, sad you didn't get on with the L&L.....One useful trick is to bend the lengths to establish the flowing appearance you are trying to achieve. Also don't be afraid to get rough with the parts to make them do what you want, this is the part of a tank that takes the worst beating (with the posible exception of the fenders) so in the smaller scales you can safely beat the hell out of them and then cover it up with the weathering. :coolio:

If you used the kit vinyl tyres, you may notice 'bad things' starting to happen to the running gear and tracks over the course of time. :shutup: