THE OLDE GENERAL, M47 PATTON 1/35 ITALERI ITEM265

PlaStix, on 28 Jun 2016 - 6:18 PM, said:

Excellent progress Francis! The variations in tone of the paintwork looks fantastic! Well done! :goodjob:

Thx for your likes and kind comments, IHMO I am satisfied for the moment with what I see, I'm glad you like it too,cheers Stix :thumbsup:

Gremlin56, on 28 Jun 2016 - 6:46 PM, said:

Excellent work, the turret is fantastic Francis :goodjob:

Thx for your like and kind comment, when the design project, they were well aware of ballistic protection so it seems, because their shapes are very narrow., cheers mate :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Francis,

Everything looks very good, well done so far.

I've just started the Revell one myself and never even thought about using mr surfacer on the turret, never even done it before. so i was going to try it. Is there anything difficult in doing this.

Also, i've never ever done anything after ww2. Which one are you doing as the Revell one doesn't have German equipment in it apparently.

Brilliant job so far,

cheers.

• Like 1

Rodders, on 30 Jun 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:Rodders, on 30 Jun 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

Hi Francis,

Everything looks very good, well done so far.

I've just started the Revell one myself and never even thought about using mr surfacer on the turret, never even done it before. so i was going to try it. Is there anything difficult in doing this.

Also, i've never ever done anything after ww2. Which one are you doing as the Revell one doesn't have German equipment in it apparently.

Brilliant job so far,

cheers.

Well I confess this is the first time I use it ... I have applied with a brush, if possible stiff bristle, as the MR.S500, dry very, very soon (at least happened to me, maybe it's guilt the heat also makes now ... lol :devil: ), you have to be prepared solvent,you'll need soon, as there is a time when you can not keep up with the brush.

Be careful to dry the solvent and not continue to apply with because Mr.S not "grab" the plastic.

It seems that other fellow forum do with the airbrush ... but not as possible (you would have to throw the AB ... lol :mg: ).

If anyone reading this, perhaps you could offer more help.

:smartass:

When dry, use a fine grit sandpaper, to match your taste ...

My idea is to make the American model. Italeri offered, but there is also a version of the German Army.

Thx for your like and kind comment, and get lucky with your model, i'll like a lot watch it, cheers mate :thumbsup:

Edited by FrancisGL

Update 7

Hi Pals, a new update for sharing with all, this time I started with weathering, proving a little that seems more appropriate, I'll try something with pigments + solvent to see what result I get, because at the moment I have no oils, for dust effects between chinks. :shrug:
A dry well and expect to continue ... :sleep_1:

Thx for watch and comment, cheers to all :thumbsup:

bHGFi9J.jpg

9GYtJCP.jpg

rE6K0Tm.jpg

R5X2JmC.jpg

XVZDo9Y.jpg

YZKncFK.jpg

CQb3pjH.jpg

kT29xkR.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 4

Looking good.....I really like the faded base colour, plenty of room for weathering. :coolio:

Strongly recommend investing in a selection of decent quality oil paints, they are another one of those things like Klear or PPP.....Nothing else does the same job quite so well with quite so little fuss. :coolio:

• Like 2

Nice work Francis and the effect is very good considering your using pigment and thinners. I agree with Andy though, you will be amazed at the difference oils make.

Keep up the good work though :yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo:

• Like 1

Sgt.Squarehead, on 05 Jul 2016 - 8:36 PM, said:

Looking good.....I really like the faded base colour, plenty of room for weathering. :coolio:

Strongly recommend investing in a selection of decent quality oil paints, they are another one of those things like Klear or PPP.....Nothing else does the same job quite so well with quite so little fuss. :coolio:

Thx for your like and kind comment, you're right I have some colors, but as always, none seems to serve what I look for.

Anyway I've never used oils for this, so I have some fear the result ... :banghead: although I think it's something "almost" indispensable. :fight:

True, there are plenty of room for "pranks" I'm almost certain that the M-47 was not in Korea by little, but I still think he'll be "something" dirty.. :pig:lol

Cheers Sgt.

Gremlin56, on 05 Jul 2016 - 9:06 PM, said:

Nice work Francis and the effect is very good considering your using pigment and thinners. I agree with Andy though, you will be amazed at the difference oils make.

Keep up the good work though :yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo:

Thx for your like and kind comment, I try to do the best with what I have, cheers Julian :winkgrin:

Thx for your like fatfingers, cheers mate :winkgrin:

phildagreek, on 06 Jul 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:phildagreek, on 06 Jul 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:

Like where you're going with this.

Thx for your kind comment, cheers Phil :thumbsup:

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1