THE OLDE GENERAL, M47 PATTON 1/35 ITALERI ITEM265

Hi Pals,

I have a new kit to mount / share with you, this time it is an M-47 Patton, a very old kit, but I think you can still get a good result from it.

Patton personally is not that I like (the M48, and then the M-60), but as I have for 15 years stored in a closet, I decided to give it a try. :fight:

Much longer did one like it, but did not get a good result, so I ended up in the tool box. :oops:
Now with more enthusiasm, more resources and skill, it's time for a second attempt.

Without further ado, the show starts ... lol. :winkgrin:

A few pictures for beginnig, cheers mates

Here below a link to the RFI section

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235007992-the-olde-general-m-47-patton-135-italeri-finished/

cNO1w3c.jpg

dPuPMpz.jpg

a5E9aSM.jpg

4LaQVbZ.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
PICS ERASED BY COURTESY OF PHOTOBUCKET
  • Like 4

Carius, on 13 Jun 2016 - 5:08 PM, said:

An old, but a very very good kit, I think.

Cheers.

You're right, you can see it has very good details for how old it is obviously not PEs or resin parts, but looks good, Cheers Carius :thumbsup:

UPDATE 01

Hi Pals,

Some progress with the kit, both the upper hull turret as together with their respective lower parts, are twisted, so it is not attachable correctly.

I had to force them to fit quite well, more or less, and then adjust with wear.

The surface of the turret I have given a layer of Mr.Surfacer brush to simulate signals casting, and the lower hull I've "deleted", engraving mark (Italeri) that had printed.

A few shots....

[/url]

MuRXg0b.jpg

ylAz0ED.jpg

xYMsK3Y.jpg

vle4OmQ.jpg

Thx for watch and comment, cheers Pals :thumbsup:

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 9

Dads203, on 14 Jun 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

Good start Francis, the cast effect will look great with some paint on.

Dan

Thx for your like and kind comments, It is the first time I use Mr. Surfacer 500, but it seems that is a very good for this method.cheers Dan :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Update 02

Hi Pals, A new update with some more progress, have managed to unite perfectly the two halves of the hull, and continue with the undercarriage, I was surprised that the tank size has not remember how big it is, obviously not 1/16, but a powerful vehicle will look like.

A few shots...thx for watch and comment, cheers mates :thumbsup:

ZElFRD0.jpg

XyFPgh2.jpg

1DmIA70.jpg

ohhbFFA.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 6

Upadte 03

Hi Pals, a new update, with some progress,

This time, I added the exhaust pipes and their protectors, gear boxes in the town, some details in the turret, in addition to sand, it is still evident the union of the two pieces. Later I will have to repeat the bath MR. Surfacer. The housing parts of the turret in place, with jerrycans, and I've tried a bit of a track to see the effect that makes ... because I'm liking the look that is taking the kit, as I said before, is larger than I remember,

Thx for watch and comment, cheers mates :yahoo:

DX4MaPM.jpg

49XAFWY.jpg

wWcBRnG.jpg

DbCwvoO.jpg

8NtKFk6.jpg

ZbTCpZ4.jpg

OROl8vo.jpg

UZWGsos.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 2

Gremlin56, on 18 Jun 2016 - 5:48 PM, said:

Nice progress Francis, will you be adding the Mr. Surfacer all over the turret? Looking good here though :goodjob:

Yep, as the turret has two main parts, it turned out they were also bent, so it was very difficult to fit them well. :hanging:

I thought that with MR. S.500 would be unmarked, but had one more evident mark of the union, and of course, the sanding, MR.S. he left the pieces. :badmood: .

Thx for your kind coment, cheers Julian :thumbsup: