Sikorsky S-65 (CH-53D) Israeli Defence Force/Air Force

Hi all.

Here are some pics of my latest build, it's Airfix's old (but still good) CH-53 built as an S-65 of the IDF/AF as she would have been seen in her early service life around the 1970 mark, they were delivered in the late 60's in this attractive scheme and re-painted in the more boring scheme they wear today in the 80's.

The kit is straight from the box but with the addition of decals from Print Scale. Makes an interesting bedfellow for my recent Iranian RH-53!

Anyway here are some pic's, there are more in the build log here:-

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234997643-airfix-172-ch-53s-65-double-build-iran-and-israel/

Thanks for looking, and all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

DSC02597_zps4zogfvua.jpg

DSC02596_zpshfx3tkwy.jpg

DSC02599_zpsrqp73oub.jpg

DSC02600_zpsepxkztrx.jpg

DSC02604_zpso9mhujjq.jpg

DSC02605_zps7jztgyow.jpg

DSC02606_zpss3ap5tm6.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers.

Craig.

• Like 16

• 3 months later...

Great looking models. I worked for Sikorsky for 33 years and saw the Israeli, Navy, and Iranian CH-53s roll off the line. Saw the upgraded Israeli ones at the air base in Tel Nof. I even flew as a passenger in one that was converted under a NASA contract to a Ride Comfort Demonstrator which had an airline interior. I may be able to answer questions if anyone has one at my email address which is arie1951 at yah00 dot com.

• Like 1

nice work and good looking scheme

:goodjob:

Think I gotta convince my dad to do an 1/48 Austrian S-65 with the good old Revell kit. After Israel, Austria was the second foreign user of the S-65. Two were in service from 1970 to 1981 then sold for a bargain to Israel because of financial and political reasons. The two served as 665(065) and 666(066), the latter on was lost in a crash in 1996.

• Like 2