Mustang with a latin twist.

Hi folks, a little Mustang picked up for a couple of quid from Aldi ages ago and as I had the decals and spare's from the F-51

in a box as a bit of a break from 1/48 I decided to do a Dominican operated machine which according to the instruction's

was still on charge in 1984.I dropped the wing and tail flaps by gently scoring the panel lines remembering to alternate the

wing aileron's,as I said a week long fun build in a scheme I didn't really like until I applied it I think the Mustang suits a more

modern camoflage scheme,thanks for looking in and apologies for the poor light sadly we seem to be having a second winter

up here!

DSCN1426_zps4i63it6x.jpg

DSCN1428_zpshyyafkfb.jpg

DSCN1427_zpsv4rczfof.jpg

DSCN1435_zpsadg7papl.jpg

DSCN1429_zpshnb6pjdp.jpg

DSCN1431_zps3bljcmrm.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 34

Very interesting Mustang Steve

Nicely done

I have a Korean war Italeri Mustang as my next build and I hope she's as nice as yours

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

Very nice Steve, I like the look of that with the modern camouflage scheme, and as I've said before when commenting on your work - I really like your modelling style, because you lean more towards a clean build with a little subtle weathering and less towards the modern trend of weathering the hell out of everything just for the sake of it, which I really don't like!!

WTG Steve, good stuff, keep it up!! :Tasty::thumbsup:

Kev :)

• Like 2

Pretty! I think you are right the Mustang does look good in a modern camo scheme, and a fun build is the best kind in my opinion.

Well done!

disclaimer: My opinion has been used with permission from the Mrs. :shutup:

• Like 1

Steve , an excellent build of a long serving Mustang. I am mightily impressed with the way you have done the upper / lower demarcation on the fuselage cammo. If you haven't done so already, check out the Mayan Gods and Macho Mustangs decal sheets from Aztec decals via Hannants website.

Don't stop now, Trev.

• Like 2

Hello,Steve - Full compliments to you as always on another fine looking build.That's a beautiful 'Mustang' and in a splendid scheme.Grand job indeed! ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Many thanks folk's very kind,I did notice now we are a few years down the line from this kits release the smaller parts are getting a lot of flash on

them the kits radio post etc were unusable and the U/C legs were strangely warped shame as it's a nice little kit otherwise.

• Like 1

Steve , an excellent build of a long serving Mustang. I am mightily impressed with the way you have done the upper / lower demarcation on the fuselage cammo. If you haven't done so already, check out the Mayan Gods and Macho Mustangs decal sheets from Aztec decals via Hannants website.

Don't stop now, Trev.

Excellent.Top class paint job.The Central/Latin American/Carribean Mustangs and Thunderbolts always look good.

• Like 1