Battle Axe F-84g

ted15

It does not. It was better than nothing pre Tamiya and Revell Monogram but it is really not worth bothering with. Nice decals though.

Either of the other two kits are excellent, I prefer the RM kit, as far as building goes and I believe it looks more like the real thing.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The BattleAxe looks like it was chopped up by a battle axe. Terrible kit. Nothing about it is correct and, to boot, the parts don't fit.

It makes the Collect-Aire kit look pretty good and it is awful! The Hawk/Testors/Chematic kit, though "sold" as an F-84G, is actually a kinda-sorta F-84B.

Basic as it is, it can be detailed into a better model than the BattleCrap so long as one builds it as an F-84B.

The Tamiya and RevMonProMod (RMPM) kits are essentially equal. Each has parts that are correct, each has parts that are not correct.

In general:

Tamiya wings and nose and main gear are more correct than RMPM and are much easier to assemble and pose correctly.

RMPM fuselage, except for the spine aft of the cockpit is more accurate than Tamiya.

RMPM spine aft of the fuselage kicks the canopy, when posed open, upward in the aft end.

Tamiya wing tanks and auxiliary tanks are too large, RMPM tanks are correct.

I've built each RMPM and Tamiya straight from the box. If I build RMPM sftb now, I pose the canopy closed.

I've built an F-84G by kitbashing an RMPM with a Tamiya to make a model by combining the correct parts from each.

I've built one F-84C by backdating a Tamiya fuselage combined with resin wings, gear, gear doors, and wheels Harold of AMS Resin (see post above) cast for me from masters I made of those parts. XP-84 > F-84C wings, main gear, main wheels, and main gear doors are different than F-8D,E,G.

I've built three F-84D by backdating a Tamiya fuselage and canopy to XP-84 > F-84D specs.

I've kitbashed two Tamiya F-84G into a "what if" TF-84G.

The reason I've used the Tamiya for backdating is because the fuselage is easier to backdate than is the RMPM fuselage. If with tanks, I use tanks from RMPM on Tamiya wings.

For any build of an E, or G, I now always use the RMPM fuselage with wings, main gear, and spine from Tamiya, plus intake, complete cockpit, seat, and ejector (tailpipe) AMS Resin parts.

Yup, I've got lots of remaining parts of kits from which I've used a few parts for bashing.

Edited by Plankwing
  • Like 5

The BattleAxe looks like it was chopped up by a battle axe. Terrible kit. Nothing about it is correct and, to boot, the parts don't fit.

It makes the Collect-Aire kit look pretty good and it is awful! The Hawk/Testors/Chematic kit, though "sold" as an F-84G, is actually a kinda-sorta F-84B.

Basic as it is, it can be detailed into a better model than the BattleCrap so long as one builds it as an F-84B.

The Tamiya and RevMonProMod (RMPM) kits are essentially equal. Each has parts that are correct, each has parts that are not correct.

In general:

Tamiya wings and nose and main gear are more correct than RMPM and are much easier to assemble and pose correctly.

RMPM fuselage, except for the spine aft of the cockpit is more accurate than Tamiya.

RMPM spine aft of the fuselage kicks the canopy, when posed open, upward in the aft end.

Tamiya wing tanks and auxiliary tanks are too large, RMPM tanks are correct.

I've built each RMPM and Tamiya straight from the box. If I build RMPM sftb now, I pose the canopy closed.

I've built an F-84G by kitbashing an RMPM with a Tamiya to make a model by combining the correct parts from each.

I've built one F-84C by backdating a Tamiya fuselage combined with resin wings, gear, gear doors, and wheels Harold of AMS Resin (see post above) cast for me from masters I made of those parts. XP-84 > F-84C wings, main gear, main wheels, and main gear doors are different than F-8D,E,G.

I've built three F-84D by backdating a Tamiya fuselage and canopy to XP-84 > F-84D specs.

I've kitbashed two Tamiya F-84G into a "what if" TF-84G.

The reason I've used the Tamiya for backdating is because the fuselage is easier to backdate than is the RMPM fuselage. If with tanks, I use tanks from RMPM on Tamiya wings.

For any build of an E, or G, I now always use the RMPM fuselage with wings, main gear, and spine from Tamiya, plus intake, complete cockpit, seat, and ejector (tailpipe) AMS Resin parts.

Yup, I've got lots of remaining parts of kits from which I've used a few parts for bashing.

You da man...