King Tiger, Octopus Camo Scheme

Hi All,

I have been working on this on and off for the last year as my first larger scale armour build and attempt at figure painting. Its a bit heavy handed in places but I'm pleased with it and has been good fun and learning along the way :)

The kit is the Academy 1:35 last production version of the King Tiger with narrow transport tracks. One of the box options is for the much discussed Octopus camo scheme and as I really liked the look of this I thought I would give it a go.

The kit does have decals for the rings which I had considered using, but they are a bit thinner than the rings appear on the photos so I decided to have a crack at spraying it instead. My method was to spray the green then use blu tack snakes and balls to mask for the yellow and paint the yellow centres in the rings by hand afterwards.

You'll have to decide if you think it works, I can tell you though that putting a clear coat on to protect the green before masking made it a right PITA to get the blu tack to stay in place....

Anyway enough waffle, on with the pics - hope you like her and any C&CC appreciated as always, Stu

IMAG4987_zpskhs58wia.jpg

IMAG4999_zpsntyofna3.jpg

IMAG5002_zpsc3lauj4y.jpg

IMAG4997_zpsjlcn6nym.jpg

IMAG4996_zpsbe0um91y.jpg

IMAG4994_zpsnwvgvera.jpg

IMAG4993_BURST002_COVER_zpspdam26kb.jpg

IMAG4991_zpsinyyodyk.jpg

IMAG4990_zps0zkgxgx2.jpg

IMAG4988_zps7dw6840w.jpg

• Like 31

Well I think that looks really impressive! Your paintwork, weathering and figure all look superb. Fantastic job! Very well done! :worthy:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...