Big DeBoers Enterprise

There won't be any if you stop posting though :shrug: Check the view count to see whether it's being seen, which may give a better indication of the interest.  Often it's difficult for people to find something interesting to say, and forget that the Like button is there.

On 13/12/2017 at 12:24 PM, Neo uk said:

Being as this was,  a ) a big spaceship and b ) a Star Trek themed thread, I thought there'd be more interest in this build. Apparently not.

You stopped posting updates over a year ago hence the drop off in interest. 

I always say to people when this comes up.  If you want more foot-fall in a particular part of the forum and feel a bit like you're shouting into the void, you should be the change you want to see.  Post, engage others and invite mates to join you.  It happened with the AFV and Maritime areas, and I also think it's happening here too.  There are a lot of us that have a love of SF (probably for the escapism & cool tech), and a couple of years ago I had almost zero SF kits and now I have more than a few :unsure:  @Blastvader also makes a valid point, which is related :)

Don’t worry too much about whether-or-not anyone’s watching and ‘liking’ just keep working on the project and posting fairly frequently.

Build it and they will come.

I would also suggest changing the thread title to something that explicitly states what the subject is. Try ‘Star Trek Enterprise original TV series ‘ or something like that.

I actually looked in here because when I saw ‘DeBoers’  (DeBeers?) thought you were working on some sort of Sci-Fi mining equipment and I have an interest in mining.

Good work on that dome by the way - it looks the biz!

Stev

• Like 1

sometimes posts get lost in the noise or drop off the radar if they are not updated often, theres 3 months between #24 and #25 (hint, hint) .Also +1 for changing the title to make it more recognisable.

• Like 1

cor - lordy dordy - I am not a Trekie and have never gotten into the movies or variants of the Enterprise but this build has me fixed - its big and resin and given my last and present resin builds, this really fits into a special place in my heart.

updates? - I wanna see more soon - how did I miss the initial posting I ask myself....

• 1 year later...

just stumbled over this one... It's large, you restored the basic shape, and you were doing a nice job... to bad it ended halfway due to lack of animo... thought you were building in first place for you, and second for somebody else. As stated above, replies will come, questions too. Hope to see some final pics of this one....

• Like 1

I am building it for myself, but once I got done scratchbuilding the saucer top I found faults in the saucer bottom. I tried fixing them about four times then got fed up and put it in the attic.