Phonix D-111

Built box stock. Although Box art depicts a two tone blue colouring, in all research and the kit instructions show only grey, white, silver, or camo colours were used by the Swidish Royal Air Force.

1%20Mac%20Phonix%20%20%20D-111_zpskac3bn

24_zpsloxr21hi.jpg

25_zpsccfw6h16.jpg

27.jpg

29_zpsp9uq0krb.jpg

30_zpsfreuosnj.jpg

31_zpszmainitb.jpg

32_zpsgiwmtwb7.jpg

There was also a comprehensive PE sprue.

Edited by PatW
  • Like 8

Pat, I've never seen that kit down our way. It looks like a nice clean build and the real thing achieved legendary status with the Austro-Hungarian forces in WWI. Keep building those biplanes

Trev.

Thanks guys, yes I love the unusual and bi-planes and float planes are so interesting. We've got it very easy flying country to country nowadays. I was in the Cape Verdi Islands recently in the middle of the Atlantic. They were having an anniversary of a 1930's flying record, from Portugal to Cape Verdi and onto South America, in an aircraft similar to this but with floats instead of skis. With just a basic chart and a compass to try and find their way!

Edited by PatW

Hi Pat, good clean build of this unusual aircraft that looks very bird like perched on those little skis.

I have just had the MAC Distribution 1/72 Fokker DVII delivered in the post today the first kit I have had from this manufacturer. It has crisp moulding and reasonable decals and a very small set of photo etched parts.

Thanks Bear Paw, yes the Photo Etch sprue is very small!