where do I find Dash 8 Q400 props 1/72

20160831_180743_zpsuuf4aieg.jpg

Thanks for this picture. I don't understand the Y and Z numbers, but I doubt I need them. Is there a way to send me this as a jpeg? I just want to scale it for the pattern if I need it. I thought about using another type of airplane fuse for the section. The 1/72 B-29 is very close and just enough length on the straight part, even thought it's circular, but a touch larger and might be able to be made to fit.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

Please do a WIP. I would love to do a Q400 myself... Just not got the time, so enjoying someone else's work will have to do for now.

Yes when I do start on this, I will do a WIP and link it here. I just have a couple of rigs to make first, unless I squeeze this in somewhere.

I don't understand the Y and Z numbers, but I doubt I need them.

Not on a model, you won't. They are distance indicators in inches from datum lines. Obviously 'Y' runs vertically through the length of the fuse and 'Z' horizontally through the fuse.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you; you might as well scratch build a Q400.

I'm confident I could still start a Dash-7 up provided it had charged batteries

No wonder you have flat batteries, you're trying to start it without a GPU! Luckily some Q300s have APUs. Dunno about the Dash-7, don't know much about those at all. Like your pictures, nice ride in a Tucano?

The PT-6s may be dinosaurs but still earn their keep, see them(well hear them) quite often over Winnipeg.

PT-6s are great wee engines and are fitted to heaps of stuff. The PW100 series are quite grunty by comparison though. Dash-8s sound quite different to ATRs because of the props, even though they have the same engines.

Edited by nuuumannn

Why don't you just right click the image in the thread and select 'Save image as...'?

I got it to work, had to view it in photobucket, then I could save it, otherwise I could save it, but it wouldn't open

Edited by busnproplinerfan
  • Like 1

Not on a model, you won't. They are distance indicators in inches from datum lines. Obviously 'Y' runs vertically through the length of the fuse and 'Z' horizontally through the fuse.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you; you might as well scratch build a Q400.

No wonder you have flat batteries, you're trying to start it without a GPU! Luckily some Q300s have APUs. Dunno about the Dash-7, don't know much about those at all. Like your pictures, nice ride in a Tucano?

PT-6s are great wee engines and are fitted to heaps of stuff. The PW100 series are quite grunty by comparison though. Dash-8s sound quite different to ATRs because of the props, even though they have the same engines.

The image is from a copy of the Dash-7 maintenance training manual I have, but the fuselage cross section is very similar if not actually the same on the -8.

Regarding the -7 and ground power, it will start on batteries fine so long as some dolt didn't leave them on! You only need to start one engine on batteries - they have AC and DC gennies. Brymon usually started #1 or #4 first then you're laughing. The GPU plugs in to the bottom of the nacelle behind the undercarriage leg.

Small fact - I was run over with a Hoochin GPU and tractor once. Just a few burst blood vessels and a fright, luckily!

The Tucano flight was successfully blagged on an air cadet summer camp. It's a bit shameful looking back, but I regret nothing - it was to be awarded to best cadet, and they narrowed it down to a few of us. Through being a bit of a git by nature, I successfully turned the reason why the others deserved it more in to the reason to give it to me. We were asked to write a short essay on why we should get the flight - I had also been very fortunate to get both an ATC Basic Glider Training (Grob 109B) an RAF Flying Scholarship (Cessna 152 and Aerobat) plus an unfair amount of Chipmunk and Bulldog hours just before so argued that as the only one who'd racked up a good few hours already and had 5 hours solo on my book that basic flying controls was "in the bag" and therefore I'd learn the most from the higher performance, more advanced trainer. It must have convinced someone because the next day I was being briefed on how to use ejector seats.

• Like 1

The image is from a copy of the Dash-7 maintenance training manual I have, but the fuselage cross section is very similar if not actually the same on the -8.

Regarding the -7 and ground power, it will start on batteries fine so long as some dolt didn't leave them on! You only need to start one engine on batteries - they have AC and DC gennies. Brymon usually started #1 or #4 first then you're laughing. The GPU plugs in to the bottom of the nacelle behind the undercarriage leg.

Small fact - I was run over with a Hoochin GPU and tractor once. Just a few burst blood vessels and a fright, luckily!

The Tucano flight was successfully blagged on an air cadet summer camp. It's a bit shameful looking back, but I regret nothing - it was to be awarded to best cadet, and they narrowed it down to a few of us. Through being a bit of a git by nature, I successfully turned the reason why the others deserved it more in to the reason to give it to me. We were asked to write a short essay on why we should get the flight - I had also been very fortunate to get both an ATC Basic Glider Training (Grob 109B) an RAF Flying Scholarship (Cessna 152 and Aerobat) plus an unfair amount of Chipmunk and Bulldog hours just before so argued that as the only one who'd racked up a good few hours already and had 5 hours solo on my book that basic flying controls was "in the bag" and therefore I'd learn the most from the higher performance, more advanced trainer. It must have convinced someone because the next day I was being briefed on how to use ejector seats.

I figured the -7 and -8 might have the same fuse. Cool story, I hate and can't write essays, so I would have never made it. You wouldn't happen to know the side window measurements?

I figured the -7 and -8 might have the same fuse. Cool story, I hate and can't write essays, so I would have never made it. You wouldn't happen to know the side window measurements?

I had some decals made for 1/72 with the windows and they are a bit smaller than the kit ones, just want to know which are correct.

Nice one James, if the Dash 7 is anything like the Dash 8, it has ample electric system back up. The '8 has an AC and DC gen on each engine, three inverters, two TRUs and the APU has a DC genie, as well as two 28 volt DC batteries - in ours, some have a smaller aux batt. We wouldn't ever start the engines on batteries alone; not enough juice. Either GPU or APU.

20160904_204150_zpsivttu4yp.jpg

I don't have dimensions of the windows themselves, but you may find what you need by scaling this - all dimensions in inches as before :)

Thanks, I'll scale it to 1/72 and see how it looks. The measures start at a zero point I guess?