Star Wars Turbo Laser Turrent

Hi all,

i've purchased a set of 1/72 Turbo laser cannons off shape ways, but they look huge.

i might use the ones i've purchased to make some others out of styrene tube and assorted rod stock, as the shapeways ones cost and arm and a leg...

Can any of you Star Wars guru's give me an rough idea what size turret part should be at 1/72 please.

Turbolaser towers are fairly big specially when compared with a "small" fighter. There was a thread here on the board with a diorama of a turbolaser and four x wings flying past it, this could give you an idea of scale. Can't find it right now though.

just a quick pic to illustrate the size of the cannon.

20160607_213133_zpsq8ia80eo.jpg

i'm going to guess that the turret is going to be about 100mm square at the bottom, found a couple of model pics online with x-wings, so can scale from those if i really have to.

seeing these guns compared to the Bandai A-wing's Laser tower, kind makes that look a joke to be included with that kit.

Edited by andygif290368

The Bandai bases with the Death Star Tiles and the A-Wing gun Tower are a totally different scale to the model kit- some say 1/144, other say 1/288. I know you see W-Wings flying around them so they are pretty big.

Those guns you got look wonderful! Scratch building a gun tower should be fairly easy. They also made several types- different heights cut at the reveal where the angle changes.

• 2 months later...