Eduard 1/72 B534srs3 Profipak

Got it finished last night. Trouble free build but the cabane strut bases seemed too short for the fuselage location points. Got there in the end though. Couldn't for the life of me work out the pitot fold instruction so just stuck it on.

Overall uppers Tamiya Olive green with a bit of Dark earth and Citadel Runefang steel undersides. Rigged with EZ line. Minimal weathering. Some pics a bit fuzzy as I woke up with what feels like a trapped nerve in my wrist. Result; slight tremor so no modelling today.

Oh and an image of what I've been distracted with this past week; painting Devon Minnows.

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

The wee beasties themselves. 38 of them and each one 7/8'' long.

DSC00365.jpg

• Like 25

Darby, love the Avia, The paint work on the prop is most convincing and the dual Slovak / German insignia add interest. Well done.

Trev

P.S. I don't think your Minnows are all that accurate or maybe they are African Minnows and do they contain any Eduard etched brass ?

Very nice build! I think the painting scheme with doubled insignia is of machines which took part in actions againt Poland in Sept '39.

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Nice job on the Avia Darby, very nice indeed B)

... and thanks for clearing up what is meant by a Devon Minnow; I saw your status update and assumed you had taken up watercolours... :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Good looking Avia, the finish is very clean and dust free. :speak_cool:

Your minnows are very disiplined to keep formation so well!

'There really is nothing a German Officer cannot do.'

prost! :cheers:

Garry c

• Like 1

Very nice Avia, inspiring as I struggle with tiny biplanes. Love the minnows too!

Take care,

Matt

• Like 1

Like Stew, I was contemplating Devon minnows for a big chunk of the week - mystery solved. Just how are they used to discipline annoying motorway user ahead of you?

Nice job on the plane. I don't care how 'EZ' EZ line is said to be, I believe being able to rig biplanes is something most of us mere mortals can only dream about.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Very nice build! I think the painting scheme with doubled insignia is of machines which took part in actions againt Poland in Sept '39.

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Cheers Jerzy,

That's interesting to know that. I wondered why the insignia was doubled up.

Stew,

I have dabbled in watercolour landscapes in the past but not for many a year now.

Mike,

Hopefully they'll be getting the better of Dartmoor trout very soon. As for motorways, I just let them all get on with it now. I'm hard pushed to get an 18yr old Astra past 80. My old Micra on the other hand....

Thanks for all the comments chaps. Still got a bit of a tremor in the wrist which has spread to my upper arm. I think it may have been dotting the minnows started it. Seeing the doc tomorrow (make that later today) though.

• Like 1