Danny_G

Pocher Huracan 1/8 kit  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy it?

• I have ordered the red kit
    • I have ordered the yellow kit
    • I may order a kit some day after reading the reviews
    • I am not interested in this kit

I was looking into this kit while evaluating what might be next and found very lttle information about it here in the forum. So I thought why not start an official discussion about this upcoming kit, possible release dates, first reviews and misc. stuff. Contributions welcome.

Found this image on twitter of the actual kit car as shown @ Nurnberg toy fair early 2016.

All other images lurking around are CAD renders. I saw a discussion somewhere based on these Images. I for my part highly doubt the cockpit will be as detailed as in the renders. I found old renders of the Aventador and the kit looks not at all as detailed.

What I read is that the release date should be at the beginning of June 2016, which would be now. But as far as I know it wasn't released yet? Also didn't find any reviews, and the reviewers usually get the early preview models (or not?).

I guess I will wait for a possible Spyder kit, preferrably in blue. Nonetheless I'm interested in what is about to come.

Could you put an option in the poll for 'once I rob a bank'? :ninja:

Joking aside, I'd love a Poacher kit, they look amazing but well outside my maximum model budget of 20 quid!

Roy, I found your posts in regard of this, and I totally agree.

Also for me it is not 'special' enough, I woudln't put it in the super sports cars category. Don't get me wrong folks, it's an awesome Lamborghini but it's an uber car. Unlike the Aventador which seems to have travelled back in time. Edges and angles remind of a stealth bomber, acceleration is among the fastest you can get in a mass-production vehicle, while the Huracan is 'only' a sports car.

I also would have loved to see something else coming from Pocher, more 'must-have', maybe a Ferrari 458 or even LaFerrari, or at least one of the SV edtions of the Aventador, or the Centenario (which is based on Aventador). My guess is that Pocher has established channels with Lamborghini and it was the easiest for them to do the Huracan. I saw discussions about the royalties Lamborghini may get per Pocher model. My guess is that this is no small amount, after all they are copying the entire product. My bet is a low 2-digit Euro amount, but that's pure guessing. However, Ferrari generates a substantial amount of their revenue through licensing ($50m in 2012, while $350m through car sales). I don't believe they'd give away a LaFerrari License at this scale for cheap.

Interestingly, it seems on the Huracan they got the brake rotors size to scale (larger on the front axle, almost touching the rims):

huracan_toyfair_zpsdctkf53h.jpg

(papersign shown half says: hand-made model)

I just fount this japanese website which has a picture of the cockpit. Engine cover looks very odd although. Doubtful if those are of the Pocher Huracan.

This japanese site has pictures stolen from dreamtoycars.at which is an austrian vendor. The huracan is nice but as an Aventador owner I'm really not blown away. Although now perfectly clear that they fixed the sizes of the brake rotors & calipers (hmmm hmm maybe I can get Huracan spares to fix mine, let's see).

Edited by Danny_G

I built the Aventador - lovely model but this one is just TOO similar.

I was hoping they would do a Ferrari, Jaguar, Aston - or even the Lambo Muira.

Roy.

Or one of the new McLarens!

I may pick up the Aoshima Huracan.

Edited by injidup

In the daft You-tube clip that was posted in the Top Gear (entertainment) thread, it looks as if Hammond has got the Pocher Huracan on the table behind him.

However - the box looks too small, but the Pocher logo is clear to see.

Any ideas?

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

I also would have loved to see something else coming from Pocher, more 'must-have'.............. My guess is that Pocher has established channels with Lamborghini ................. I saw discussions about the royalties Lamborghini may get per Pocher model. My guess is that this is no small amount, after all they are copying the entire product. .....

In that case - I WANT A MIURA !!!!!!!

Edited by elderly

• 2 weeks later...