Panda Cougar JERRV

I have to agree Brodie. I've done Panda's M-ATV and that was not easy but at least it went together. However in this instance I don't believe I've made any real error in the construction and the fit is just awful! I'm not even sure I can recover it beyond this point.....

• 2 weeks later...

That's quite a gap that needs filling. That's a lot worse then the Meng effort, even before work with files and sanding boards, but then they weren't too good at translating the length of the real thing to the model.

I've got one of these as well as the Meng, and I bought it because I was gutted about Meng getting the dimensions wrong. Its good watchign you get to grips with this, but its put me off tackling mine in the short term. Stick with it and I'm sure you will get there

Not the neatest job, but it will at least let me finish it. Lots of repairs needed after the struggle of getting the two halves together.

A803677A-06C2-449B-BB4E-BC1007100A0A_zps

69D6BB67-D952-4ABB-904D-6BB4B48C1AE5_zps

It was worth stepping back for a week.

So for anyone else attempting a Panda Cougar start with the inside and get the body halves attached before doing the suspension, fenders, bins, lift rings, steps....basically anything on the outside. And constantly dry-fit....sand, cut, file, dry-fit again, repeat....

• Like 3

Thanks Gents. If it had been a cheap kit it would have gone in the bin. But too much time and money gone in to it to surrender now 😄

This is going to fight me every step of the way....

The front windscreen in incompletely cast. One side is missing ant these stand out from the hull.

How it should be:

0339E775-859F-4791-98F5-AFADCD92BCC5_zps

The other side:

FE56D7F3-DDBE-4EC7-8BF5-87E60DCC0922_zps

And after repairs ready for painting:

11457B4A-D196-4571-8D2D-F8A02D9F32A8_zps

The controls for rotating the turret were not very well thought out. OK if leaving hatch closed but will need filling with open hatch. Pity I didn't spot it before assembly

F66F8CD8-FCAC-4C78-AA15-2E4332297506_zps

So the struggle continues.....stay tuned for further updates

• Like 1

Well it's time to start painting the outside using my shiny new airbrush

3DDCCE32-75F7-4D8C-AFA7-69F4E5DEE982_zps

C94ABA36-95EE-4C1B-B5E8-F7032D01FCBE_zps

And the first attempt didn't go so well.

5FD1EC9F-9C30-4F65-8E1E-006E1D435809_zps

Guess I should have practiced more first. Also tried with Mig primer on the turret and that was even worse.

The Mig AMMO primers can take a bit of getting used to. They need to be misted on, and you need to let each layer flash off for a minute or so before applying another misted layer. They can't be sprayed as a wet coat. When you do get them to work though, they make a pretty good primer.

Andy

• Like 1