Hi all,

Weta Workshop in Wellington have recently announced a board/tabletop game called Giant Killer Robots, and as they had some models on show in a local gallery this weekend I thought you might like the pictures:

27190665570_61efef4ca4_k.jpg

27395605641_2ffe692028_k.jpg

27395602591_7d2f7aff38_k.jpg

27190657600_902d09fc6d_k.jpg

They were behind glass so there are some reflections, sorry!

There's some stuff on their Facebook page showing the models being built, which I now can't find, plus their website here:

http://gkrgame.com/

I doubt we'll get a line of awesome model kits out of this, but as it appears to be a collectible miniatures game there might be some affordable robots for re-painting and customising?

I like the bright colours and all the big brash graphic design on the robots, I'm not sure if the shapes totally work for me as they're a bit hard to read, but YMMV.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 5

I think these are one-off promo models made from 3D printed parts.

Reading some of the articles that I found on the 'net, it sounds like it's going to be a collectible miniatures game, so I would expect small-scale prepainted models like Fantasy Flight's X-Wing Miniatures line. Plus large scale eye-wateringly expensive prepainted figures for the Hot Toys etc. figure collector market.

But a friend of mine just started working there so I will lean on her for kits :)

I suspect the most time and cost effective way to build something like this would be a mix of Kotobukiya Armoured Core/Frame Arms and maybe Games Workshop Tau model parts, and/or scratchbuilding? Could be a fun project.

Will

• Like 1