Akan Paint Set 2 for Coastal Craft

Shar2

Akan Paint Set 2 for Coastal Craft
Coastal Craft

pack.jpg

As with the earlier RN Paint set 1, this set has been released to accompany the new book on the Fairmile D boats, reviewed HERE. Naturally this set is to be used in conjunction with Set 1. The six paint blister pack includes:-

• Western Approaches Blue
  • Western Approaches Green
  • MS1
  • MS4
  • MS4A
  • B5

paint.jpg

Now, having used Akan paints before they are a very good colour match to the originals, in fact I think of them as the Acrylic equivalent of the Colourcoats range. They are a great alternative to the enamel paints on the market which will please those modellers who work in less than ideal environments for enamel thinners etc. Akan paints do really need a good quality paint thinners to get them to flow well through an airbrush, but for those who brush paint, they are very easy to work with straight out of the pot.

Conclusion
It’s not always easy finding the right paints that not only give the correct tone, but are in the format you may want to use. With the release of this set, combined with the earlier one, modellers now have a paint range that covers the majority of camouflage schemes used by the Royal Navy throughout WWII. Very highly recommended.

bin-new.jpg

Review sample courtesy of
logo.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Coastal kits used to do them and they still had a back stock at the last show where they said just to email them asking what I was after and they’d check what they had left....UK based. Worth a try?

Edit might actually be costal craft...il see if I can find the email address, were great for Russian Ukraine and Czech paints

Edited by Valkyrie

16 hours ago, Julien said:

Best I can suggest the is have a look round the web.

Done that came up with nothing, hence my question.  

13 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Coastal kits used to do them and they still had a back stock at the last show where they said just to email them asking what I was after and they’d check what they had left....UK based. Worth a try?

Edit might actually be costal craft...il see if I can find the email address, were great for Russian Ukraine and Czech paints

This seems to be the problem they can't supply for whatever reason, I'll give AK a try.

Thanks for all your help guys :yes:

On 19/12/2019 at 12:32, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Are you specifically looking for Snyder & Short matched colours or...? There's plenty choice if so because virtually everyone used them.

I'm assembling things for what will be my first ship build since returning to the hobby a few years ago.  These where recommended to me and they're acrylic which is my preference

21 hours ago, spitfire said:

I bought some AKAN enamels from Hobby Colours and had no problems with them

Cheers

Dennis

I'm looking for Acrylic.