AIM 1/72 DH-86 Express

wallyinoz

Hi Guys, I have one of these, I am increasingly unlikely to build it, I have never seen one built, I have never seen one for sale, I have no idea what it's market value is, (I was given it as payment for a commission build)any ideas as to how much I should ask for it?

Now you are making me drool. They don't have one listed, and I have not seen a kit of an Express for 60 years. I think FROG did one way back.

Is it pure vacform or multi media? I could well be interested in taking it off your hands. Shame it's not 1/48. I'm waiting for their resin 1/48 Drover, but their pattern maker is awaiting a cataract operation, so he can press on with it.

hiya benty,

as it happens a mate of mine a couple of miles down the road from me here in Australia saw this post and said he wanted to buy it! Still not knowing what it was worth I just went on what I would have paid for it when I was interested in this modelling genre (my tastes have changed and continue to evolve over the years.. I am into later propliners right now)

Anyhoos I parted with it for 100 Australian pesos, we are both happy I think..

so its gone now sorry

cheers

wal

I couldn't resist not showing this, another box from the Aeroclub 'Room 101'. These are the unfinished patterns of Contrail's DH.86's which Gordon Sutcliffe was working on, They are in 1/72 and 1/48.

John

IMG_0160_zpsh0fy7ieh.jpg

• Like 2