Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IIb Tamiya 1/48.

Another eternal Tamiya's Spitfire in my collection :). Mk.IIb in markings of 306th RAF Polish Squadron. Plane flown by mjt. Tadeusz Rolski, England 1941. I used Aires resin exhausts, Eduard small FE for the cockpit, also their masks and Techmod decal sheet.

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20001_zpsmw1hj

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20002_zpsigqjl

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20006_zps1p68m

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20020_zpsq6c2j

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20012_zps2tsrd

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20010_zpssiv8i

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20009_zpsiwbwd

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20014_zps1rjf7

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20018_zpsrvjqm

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20017_zps4hxt9

Spitfire%20Mk.IIb%20CERAM%20003_zpscxc7v

Tadeusz Rolski, first from the left, awarded the highest Polish medal of Virtuti Militari. Also awarded DSO as the first non British citizen during WW2.

P7171100-Rolski-1024x768.jpg

• Like 42

Another beautiful build Arkady,paint and weathering always divide opinion on your builds but for me they are a masterclass in what can

be achieved,long may it continue!

• Like 1

Lovely work as usual although I'm sure the Spitfire purists are doing back flips due to the weathering. Let them, as a display of artistic talent this is top trumps again.

Duncan B

• Like 2

Splendid model but are you sure that the decals are from Techmod? I would guess "Dutch Decals No 4 Dutch Indies Presentation Spitfires". Techmod's version does not have the clowv but a rather stiff Indian. If they have not printed a new version which in case has escaped my attention.

Splendid model but are you sure that the decals are from Techmod? I would guess "Dutch Decals No 4 Dutch Indies Presentation Spitfires". Techmod's version does not have the clowv but a rather stiff Indian. If they have not printed a new version which in case has escaped my attention.

Techmod, Techmod...

DSC_0384_zpszoquheac.jpg

One of the nicest Spitfires I've seen in a long time!

The radio aerial wire is doubtful, though. In the autumn of 1940 already, the old radio set were replaced by a VHF unit, the antenna of which was integral to the antenna mast and thus invisible. According to the 'Soitfire antenna bible' (please see link below), youalso wouldn't have seen the radio aerial wire together with the IFF antennas. So, the aerial wire should probably go…

http://spitfiresite.com/2010/04/spitfire-masts-and-aerials.html/2

Excellent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Techmod, Techmod...

DSC_0384_zpszoquheac.jpg

It is true, but it is the one with the stiff Indian, not the clown. I have the sheet myself. But did you paint the clown or painted it on?

Sorry, they have changed it. Yours is a corrected reissue, mine is 48001S. Still Hannants only list the original version.

Edited by NPL

The oil staining near the spinner is just brilliant! I will try to steal that idea myself....

I just wonder about the fading - amazing skill to produce this, but I've never seen an operational aircraft that faded (i've seen A LOT of photos, but perhaps someone will make me eat my words!), except perhaps in the med. The only other time I've seen aircraft that faded is when they have been outside at museums for many, many years without refurbishment. I've definitely seen operational aircraft that dirty, paint peeling, extensively chipped - just not that faded. If it were me (and if I were that supremely skilled!) I'd dial it back a notch or two...

Hell what do I know. The staining is just immense.