1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-28PP "Brewer-E" by Bobcat Hobby Model Kits - released - Mini World air intakes

Homebee

27 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Finally !

Agreed, it's been a long wait.

18 minutes ago, 71chally said:

This is a definite buy for me!

Me too!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, general melchett said:

Yes, great news, after getting hold of a pair of Yak-28Ps I'll definitely be indulging in a couple of these. The Miniworld intakes also look rather tasty... 

They do indeed, although I found the seam lines to be more annoying in the exhaust end of the engines with my 28P build. The intake bullets hid the view " down the throat" quite well.

• 5 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Box art is... As ugly as the one of the Bobcat Yak-28P kit.  

yes......

but better the boxart is ugly and the kit is nice than the other way round!!! 

price is also nice!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

-Mine is already in the packing process...home within ten days........:thumbsup: :penguin:

just ordered mine as well!

it is time aftermarket guys come up with a cockpit etc by the way! the Firebar did not receive lots of love from them! :(

13 hours ago, exdraken said:

just ordered mine as well!

it is time aftermarket guys come up with a cockpit etc by the way! the Firebar did not receive lots of love from them! :(

- I've noted somewhere there are metal engine nose cone issued by a confidential AM brand I'm going to make some researches. About the 28 PP  I fear some inaccuracies around the very characteristics wing slipper tanks, ....but let's see ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IPMS19 said:

- I've noted somewhere there are metal engine nose cone issued by a confidential AM brand I'm going to make some researches. About the 28 PP  I fear some inaccuracies around the very characteristics wing slipper tanks, ....but let's see ^_^

Mini World:

HobbyTerra: https://hobbyterra.com/search.php?manufacturers_id=29&attributes_id=11&language=en&resultpp=40

Hannants: https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=102&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=362409&product_type_id=&code=&scale_id=955&keyword_search=&setPerPage=75&sort=0&search_direction=0&save_search_name=&save_search=

Aviation Megastore/LHS: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/search/_/p1/c/s48/f3409

The Yak-28 air intakes set is not yet available: link

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Mini World:

The Yak-28 air intakes set is not yet available: link

V.P.

Thanks, so there might be something in the future!Looks 

But have you seen the prize their stuff is sold at!!

Maybe not for me.....

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

Thanks, so there might be something in the future!Looks 

But have you seen the prize their stuff is sold at!!

Maybe not for me.....

- I don't know where is you favourite dealer, mine is in Hong Kong , 39 Euro shipping inclued. knowing that this brand is not imported in this country, but if it does, this cost is  less than the cost of the kit without postage, the delivery delay is a bit longer for sure, but modellers have learned to wait for long ......, I've previously experienced this with other normaly  imported kits...If ever, reach me on PM

33 minutes ago, IPMS19 said:

- I don't know where is you favourite dealer, mine is in Hong Kong , 39 Euro shipping inclued. knowing that this brand is not imported in this country, but if it does, this cost is  less than the cost of the kit without postage, the delivery delay is a bit longer for sure, but modellers have learned to wait for long ......, I've previously experienced this with other normaly  imported kits...If ever, reach me on PM

I think exdraken was not speaking about the Bobcat Model Yak-28 kit but about the rather pricy Mini Word upgrade sets. ;)

V.P.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IPMS19 said:

37 minutes ago, Homebee said:

I think exdraken was not speaking about the Bobcat Model Yak-28 kit but about the rather pricy Mini Word upgrade sets. ;)

V.P.

yeah, 

ordered the kit already!

still thanks IPMS19!

the Mini World "jewelry upgrades" seem to be a bit on the expensive side....not seen any in person yet, so maybe I am just wrong and they are easily worth their money!! 

28 minutes ago, armored76 said:

This looks really good, at a first glance! Is this a short-run kit with the usual problems or a "standard" styrene kit?

Definitely not short run if like their Firebar.  I would say that the design might use more parts to achieve the complex shapes than perhaps a manufacturer like Tamiya would , but the fit of parts is excellent with small sprue gates and very little fettling required for a good build. As others have said, little from the aftermarket yet, particularly seats , but I found it easy enough to add straps and cushions from lead foil and spare etch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- Stilll waiting. !! :waiting:.........What else are those blokes of UPS doing..??. may the cargo ship not be hijacked or sunk or the container thrown over board. :worry:...... O.K....on the good side that allow me some times to choose which model  will be built   :think:...for the moment, my mind is sliping toward  the Ukrainian version, I've earmarked some interesting camo.....:smile:

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/02/2018 at 11:36 AM, exdraken said:

Got mine!

looks fantastic!

- Since my last post, mine has landed too and can't prevent from building it. 

- Well, the kit is as good as might be expected but , the notice is a nightmare ...fold and unfold the double pages at the smallest building stage is really boring. At first I thought it could be a good idea to seperate each pages and tie them together as single ones......Well,  the result is still worse.....( Thanks to this I miss drilling the fixating holes for the wing tanks and rocket pods).. adding to its proper complexity  there are many unuseful parts intended for the interceptor previous version of this kit,  it has to be followed carefully,  some part number are "strange"- for instance, the engine nacelles are numbered differently on the paper and on the sprue. If you choose to install the sabre looking antennas on the side of the nacelles, don't forget to drill  the required holes the notice gives no words of this..that's all I have noticed at this stage of my building . Just a last word: OPEN YOUR EYES MY FRIEND...and others....

• Like 3

Same as the Firebar then!  I managed to misread the instructions and close up the jet pipes before I  installed the rear of the engines . Had to razor saw them apart !

• Confused 1