Nato Tiger Meet 2016

_H_

So heres a selection of my pics from NTM16 Zaragoza Spain.

27350378226_baba52bb0e_k.jpgVipers by Howard Barrett, on Flickr

26776064604_ae73c1d7da_k.jpgFire Tiger by Howard Barrett, on Flickr

27383229145_7de13330c3_k.jpgDSC01190 by Howard Barrett, on Flickr

27107191010_d56b703190_k.jpgToothy Grin by Howard Barrett, on Flickr

27106615650_c496ea3a27_k.jpg192 Filo F-16C by Howard Barrett, on Flickr

26773232244_e0caf7b32f_k.jpgDSC08675 by Howard Barrett, on Flickr

27112833691_c816ba85c6_k.jpg31 Squadron (BAF) F-16AM by Howard Barrett, on Flickr

26773272114_deeaec000f_k.jpgMirage 2000D by Howard Barrett, on Flickr

27108540030_fb3ccd14c4_k.jpgAlien Hind by Howard Barrett, on Flickr

27381903865_1ac329ba3d_k.jpgDSC09224 by Howard Barrett, on Flickr

It was a really enjoyable few days meeting up with some old friends and drinking beer! I've got a lot more to go through and I'll be adding them to my Flickr as I go so feel free to check them out should you wish and I hopeyou enjoy them

regards

Howard

• Like 2

Those are very nice!

I particularly like no. 1 for the context and no. 2 with the helicopter below the Patrulla Aguilla. I had planned to go to the Open House but by the time I got going on Saturday the traffic was such that I gave up and just drove slowly to Madrid to catch my flight.

Looking forward to seeing some more and thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Thank you Latinbear.

The open house was pretty good. We got there about 07.45 and it was worth being early as the traffic did get a little crazy from what I hear. We had to leave at 1400 to catch our flight and it seemed that it was winding down by then anyway!

Link to the flickr album is here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskxuY1Fj

I'll try to get some more done tonight!

regards

Howard

The lighting wasn't great on early on the Friday morning and given that flying was limited anyway I thought, rather naively as it turns out, that I'd rock up just in time for the first display at 10.30am. Big mistake! The police were directing all traffic away from the road I wanted to take and in the distance I could see a huge queue and this was still a couple of miles or two from the base gate we used on the Friday. I clocked the mileage from base entry to parking up on Friday at nearly three miles and adding that to the queue plus knowing that flying finished at 2pm I decided that I probably wouldn't be in before midday and then with everybody leaving after the flying had finished........

Stupidity on my part but there you go. Live and learn.

• Like 1

Ah I see! Talking to one of the staff on the friday and she said that they were expecting 40,000 people!! We decided to go early even if it meant we were waiting for the place to open but as it turned out we were six rows into the car park!

Way out was a bit of a palaver though but was obvious they had been turning people away as there were lots of cars dotted around with people in the fields etc.

The static was thoughtfully laid out and the flying display was pretty good. Highlights being the twin Rafale display followed by Gizmo in Blizzard. I've yet to do those photos though!

Howard

Great stuff, and nice to see the number of participating airframes on the increase.

Couldn't make it this year, so bring on BAN Landiviseau in 2017!

cheers

• Like 1