Airfix 1/72 US Bomber re-supply set test shot

Hi folks:

I know - they're not aeroplanes. I popped them here as they're not 'AFVs' and commonly hang round airfields.

Just had the pleasure of completing the new tool re-supply set for US aircraft in the one true scale. A build account is in Issue 68 of Airfix Model World, out in the UK this Thursday.

USB24_zpsvux7fhx5.jpg

The diminutive Cushman trike, airfield runabout.

USB1_zpsgoujk8ez.jpg

Chevy bomb truck and M5 bomb trailer.

USB11_zpsfwclyczg.jpg

USB8_zpsqvygeu3p.jpg

Autocar and F1 fuel tanker.

USB13_zpsj2au7n39.jpg

USB18_zpskmvjffke.jpg

TTFN

Steve :-)

• Like 41

Lovely, but nothing like as utilitarian as the RAF set.....Not going to have as much appeal to AFV modellers IMHO. :confused:

PS - You did a beautiful job with them. :coolio:

I don't know, those Autocars used to haul bridging units and barges, especially after D-Day. Would make an interesting basis for a project. As for the Cushman..... ice creams? :ike:

• Like 2

I don't know, those Autocars used to haul bridging units and barges, especially after D-Day. Would make an interesting basis for a project. As for the Cushman..... ice creams? :ike:

Now I wonder if Airfix would have the courage to release such an off the wall kit themselves.....I suspect it would become a very good seller in the long term (in the same way Matchbox odder 1/76 moulds did), but it hardly fills a gap in the 1/72 AFV market in the way something like a decent 17pdr Gun or Humber Mk.IV Armoured Car would. :hmmm:

• Like 1

Now I wonder if Airfix would have the courage to release such an off the wall kit themselves.....I suspect it would become a very good seller in the long term (in the same way Matchbox odder 1/76 moulds did), but it hardly fills a gap in the 1/72 AFV market in the way something like a decent 17pdr Gun or Humber Mk.IV Armoured Car would. :hmmm:

Very true. I guess I am just hankering to my own off-beat tastes!

• Like 1

It's a great idea and I'm sure one of the aftermarket companies will pick it up.....But I'd like to see Airfix make a decision about their small scale AFV range. Are they in or out? If they are in, which scale are they going to choose, 1/72 or 1/76? :shrug:

Airfix own forum is a bloody shambles, so no information is to be gleaned there.....From a small scale AFV perspective Airfix barely exist right now, new Jeep not withstanding. :pipe:

PS - I notice that these vehicles have been posted in the aircraft section.....Sometimes I feel like going out and kicking a Tiger-Moth! :nono:

• Like 1

Nuts! (to use a famous American quote) Now Mrs. TheBear is going to have kittens (or cubs) when I tell her I really, really need one of these when they're released.

Nicely done! They'd look great on any airfield diorama with a war-weary B-24 or two.

Edited by DennisTheBear

PS - I notice that these vehicles have been posted in the aircraft section.....Sometimes I feel like going out and kicking a Tiger-Moth! :nono:

My apologies Sarge - you'll see from my opening gambit why they're here...to which you might also consider the obvious relevance to aircraft builders, some of whom may break out in a sweat at the mere notion of stumbling into the dark side section of these forums...and by that token, remain unaware of the content. Modellers first, conventions second. Besides, there's a B-17 in the mix lol.

By all means go kick that Moth...

Steve Von Anarchy

Lovely work Steve, really like the weathering! Also really like that Autocar tractor unit, would love Airfix to pick up on Paul_c's thoughts...!!

Keith

Cheers Keith - I'll pass the Autocar thoughts on to the product design team... :-)

• Like 2

Lovely builds, I suggested this set to Airfix on a wish form at Telford(also the Jet Provost T.3). There is also going to be a good market for these in the USA.

• Like 1