1/144 MD-11 coming from MikroMir and Eastern Express!

.... Lufthansa, Varig, Swissair, LTU, Thai, Martinair, China Eastern and many more provided the plastic is decent.

I have a strong distrust of anything to do with Eastern Express and I hope the involvement of MikroMir leads to a good kit rather than an abomination like the A318 or a missed opportunity like the Tristar.

EE IL-18 are quite a good model as too are their Yak-42. I have to agree about the Tristar, but before their kit was released, the Otaki kit was highly regarded and sold for a fair amount on eBay and such. In fact the Otaki kit was almost beyond reproach and nobody would utter any concerns about accuracy. Strange how things change.

Jeff

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I got mine last week and love it too. KLM markings from the box will do me very nicely. 26decals have just released Alitalia markings. I'd love if this was the start of more markings for this kit and a hint that Ray may be re-boxing the kit with his decals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jessica said:

I think that I need one of those.

Mmmh, just one? Granted it is quite a price but the alternative is twice the price and I'd rather not bother with that one.

V1 decals, DrawDecals and 26decals have some MD-11 sheets available, so let's keep fingers crossed more will follow.

Some slightly mixed comments on Airliner Cafe.  

Considering the cost of the kit it's troubling to read complaints about parts misidentified on the instruction sheet and comments like "and yes damn it I will make these parts fit" or "screwy way of mating the wings to the fuselage".

I think I'll hold on to my cash until I see some more reviews.

It might be pricey, but if one day I can afford it then I expect I'll make a better job of it than my Welsh Models vac-form. After 15 years (is this a record) on the shelf of doom, including 3 house moves in which some resin parts were lost it's off to the bin for it.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2017 at 9:17 AM, Mjwomack said:

It might be pricey, but if one day I can afford it then I expect I'll make a better job of it than my Welsh Models vac-form. After 15 years (is this a record) on the shelf of doom, including 3 house moves in which some resin parts were lost it's off to the bin for it.

That handsomely beats my 10 years! But that wasn't even for a vac-form in my case, more laziness.  Now I'm practiced in the art of Welsh Models MD-11, I can offer to finish it for you... ;)  What livery do you have planned? 

Darren

Naargh! That's not a response to your generous offer Darren but because the bin-men carted it away this very morning! The livery was going to be KLM (something else EE seem to have anticipated). Personally I'm impressed that KLM withdrew the whole fleet in the time it took me to not build 1,

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...