Redbanner.co.uk , Russian aircraft web site: Question

russ c

Hi All,

Has anybody or does anybody use the above site ?

Whilst trying to research aircraft schemes and colours for my August Storm builds, I came across the old Hobbyvista site, which has ceased.

Apparently the new site is the Redbanner site but when I tried to get on it my antivirus went Whoa! (McAfee) however, it also did for Britmodeller, for which I accepted the risk as BM was OK on my previous computer on which I had Norton.

Is it a false positive like BM or should I stay away?

TIA Russ

Please read THIS topic, and make Your own conclusion.

Regards,

Aleksandar

Thanks for responding Aleksandar, the link you gave me doesn`t answer my question though, I`m not so much bothered by peoples opinions of another person but whether or not it is safe to visit the site or will my computer be damaged if I do.

Cheers Russ

I have visited this site quite a bit, Russ. It won't damage your computer, only your understanding of VVS camouflage. I assume you're aware of the http://www.sovietwarplanes.com/site (I suspect it's mentioned in the thread Aleksandar linked to)?

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

I have visited this site quite a bit, Russ. It won't damage your computer, only your understanding of VVS camouflage. I assume you're aware of the http://www.sovietwarplanes.com/site (I suspect it's mentioned in the thread Aleksandar linked to)?

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason,

Yes that`s the site the link is to, I`ve visited Soviet Warplanes quite a bit over the last month or so, but I can`t find much stuff on August Storm on there ( or any where else for that matter ), even if the blokes stuff is wrong ( but then again so are quite a few other references out there ) it may give me ideas or lead somewhere else.

Thanks again

Cheers Russ.

PS; I noticed on Soviet Warplanes you`ve a book out on the Il-2, is there any August Storm stuff in there ? I did look on Amazon preview but it didn`t give much away :)