1;72 Revell F.1 Sopwith Camel OTB

This is my first proper post on here and looking at some of the work on show, I can't help but feel a little daunted. More so for the fact that I haven't made a plastic model kit for about 30yrs. I do make Scratch built ships that I set up with RC to sail on the lake, but having two young boys has brought me back to my childhood passion, for their benefit entirely of course :wicked:

I decided that my first foray back would be a cheap and simple kit that I could practice on. I do like WW1 aircraft as they had great character so I picked up a Revell 1:72 Sopwith Camel and intended to do it straight out of the box with no modifications and in the livery as flown by Lt L.S Breadner, No.3 Naval Sqn, Royal Naval Air Service, Walmer, Dec 1917.

So here's how its gone. Hope it helps the total beginner's and any tips from more experienced modellers are most welcome indeed.

Just need to figure out how to post photos ;-)

Stonenkey, photo posting is a bit daunting at first, I was lucky to have someone show me how to do it. I think what you need is for someone to list the actual steps to take. After all, you don't need to know how it works just what to actually do.

Trev.

• Like 1

Excellent work, particularly on such a basic kit.

Many thanks pal. My first ever attempt at weathering so I am quite pleased with it. So long as I don't look at too many more on here lol.

That looks great!

These Revel kits can be pretty decent... or really awful! If one of those you have is the Morane Saulnier Type N take a look at my build log of it...it's a LOT of work to get it even close to how it should be.

Ian

• Like 1

Great effort on your Camel. You were even brave enough to have a crack at rigging - the hardest part of a biplane build especially in small scale.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1