1:72 Revell F.1 Sopwith Camel OTB

Stonenkey

This is my first proper post on here and looking at some of the work on show, I can't help but feel a little daunted. More so for the fact that I haven't made a plastic model kit for about 30yrs. I do make Scratch built ships that I set up with RC to sail on the lake, but having two young boys has brought me back to my childhood passion, for their benefit entirely of course :wicked:

I decided that my first foray back would be a cheap and simple kit that I could practice on. I do like WW1 aircraft as they had great character so I picked up a Revell 1:72 Sopwith Camel and intended to do it straight out of the box with no modifications and in the livery as flown by Lt L.S Breadner, No.3 Naval Sqn, Royal Naval Air Service, Walmer, Dec 1917.

So here's how its gone. Hope it helps the total beginner's and any tips from more experienced modellers are most welcome indeed.

Edited by Stonenkey
  • Like 1

Hi Stonenkey,depends on what photosite you use try the FAQ section of our site I think some of the popular sharing sites have been discussed,

also if you are showing a completed build put it in Ready for inspection Aircraft for a wider audience,best of luck.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

That is a very good model , well done. I understand where you are coming from with WWI models. I have caught the bug of these first fighter aircraft, especially the gaudy Germans

• Like 1