Long shot: looking for help on Mitsubishi FTO GR kit

yeehah1

25 05 2016

Ok. This is such a long-shot it belongs in another galaxy.

A friend of mine drives a Mitsubishi FTO GP R (post face-lift) version. I would like to build her a model to represent her car but can only find a pre-facelift FTO GS kit and the GPX FTO neither of which are what I need.

I guess what I am looking for is advice on how I can convert or kit-bash these kits to make the version I need. Is it even possible? I was kind of hopeful that someone like Jimmy Flintstone in America would make a resin shell that would pop over the kit's chasis. Or perhaps there's an article that someone can link me to or send on to me please?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Liam

Unfortunately no one makes the one your after. The Normal Fujimi is the GPX and the Aoshima is the GS, both pre facelift.

The closest is the Fujimi special edition version which I think is supposed to be the pre facelift GP version R. If you could get hold of that one it shouldn't be too hard to convert to the post facelift.

Another thing to take into account is that Fujimi frequently give you all the different version parts in the box. They're just unused. So maybe the GPX box has the lip spoiler and rear wing too.

Ashley