Airfix Gloster Javelin FAW9 XH898

An absolutely lovely finish - such a great contrast in the NMF colours. One to be very proud of. Just need that kit in 72 now....!!

• Like 1

Wow, so very, very nice. Admirable finish - the AK Extreme metal you mentioned looks amazing. Several details, notably the intake & exhaust covers liven up the work beautifully. :thumbsup:

Jay

• Like 1

An absolutely lovely finish - such a great contrast in the NMF colours. One to be very proud of. Just need that kit in 72 now....!!

I could not agree more, if Airfix were to scale this down to 1/72 I'd have half a dozen straight away.

Thanks to everyone else for your comments too, it means a lot to me that you guys like it. I had intended building this kit as an FAW 5 of 151 Sqn using Alleycat's conversion set but got asked to do a wee talk on NMF at my model club last month so literally threw the main airframe together and painted it in a few days. Needless to say the finish wasn't the best as I hadn't taken enough time to get the surface prep right so the day after the club meet I stripped most of it back and redid it. I then realised I didn't have a kit to make the FAW5 so have bought another one and am looking forward to having a go at that one sometime. My next NMF might be an Airfix 1/48 Lightning done as XM174 that was crashed into Balmullo Quarry on my 6th Birthday by Flt Lt E Rawcliffe who had previously banged out of a Javelin too.

Duncan B

Jim it took me just under 4 weeks from start to finish however I had the basic airframe build and the first attempt at the basic aluminium colour on after 4 days. I was in a rush to get something to show at the model club I go to but the finish wasn't the best and I stripped most of it off again then took my time after that.

I was worried that the contrast between the colours was too much but everybody seems to like it so I'm happy.

Duncan B

Duncan,

before I was not really a friend of the Javelin. But now I have to revise my opinion, because in NMF she looks marvellous.

But it`s also your successful assembling and that perfect finish, which has changed my point of view.

Thx for sharing.

• Like 1

LOVE IT !…..the contrasting panel work really sets this model apart from others I have seen in this color scheme. Difficult to achieve, I'm sure but you have done a great job !.

Well Done Sir !

• Like 1