Tu-16K cockpit and bomb bay references?

cathasatail

Good evening everyone,

I picked up a Trumpeter 1:72 Tu16k-10 (Badger C) recently and I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of the badger's bomb bay or cockpit.

Preferably, I would like to know about colours- what colours should I use for the cockpit interior and the bomb bay interior?

I'm planning on fitting it with the AS6 Kingfish missiles on the wing mounting points, with a variety of bombs inside the bomb bay- was this a typical loadout or was the aircraft purely fitted with anti-shipping missiles?

Many thanks,

Sam

http://photo.qip.ru/users/viktor-sockerin.fotoplenka/151089739/170573945/full_image/

Will this one work?

As far as load out, I think you will have to make a choice. It is either bombs or missiles. I am not 100% sure (need to go through references) but it would be surprising to see a mix of both on the same aircraft.

Oooo great :D

Thanks for that :)

Sam

Hmm. IIRC (and I might not) the bomb bay of the Xian H-6 (Chinese licence produced version) at the China Aviation Museum was green. Howevet I could be completely wrong too!

I'll have to dig out my photos to check though.

• Like 1

Dennis the Bear, your memory serves you right, according to colour photo in Tupolev Tu-16 badger (Aerofax) interior of Chinese H-6A is dark green, similar to the cockpit colour on the BallsBuster's link photo. Also barely seen on the photo is inner insulation of the bomb bay, in Soviet service associated with Tu-16A nuclear bomber. Sam, according to the same publication Tu-16KSR-2-5, Tu-16KSR-2-5-11 and Tu-16-K-26 were armed with KSR-5 missiles (AS-6 Kingfish). On a latter version missiles could be supplemented with conventional or nuclear bomb load of up to 4000 kg. It is mentioned that both Tu-16KSR-2-5 and T-16KSR-25-11 also retained their bombing capability. Regards

Jure

• Like 1